All reviewsroom was cleanindoor poolconvenient locationattending an eventstaff was friendlyenergy centernon smokinga great stayrestaurants and shoppingvery nice hotellobbyarenasamshuttleatlantacomputersconcert
Reviewed September 14, 2017

We took three rooms here as part of the hurricane Irma evacuation. If this was a vacation, I wouldn't be staying here. The property looks fine from the outside and even portions of the lobby are okay, but thats where it ends. The staff has been very polite and accommodating, but this property needs attention badly. The room's needs go beyond a deep cleaning; they need a full update. The carpet is disgusting and the bathrooms in all three rooms are just old in need of repair. The hallways are dingy and the elevators look shabby. I think that's the best descriptor for the hotel ... "shabby". The owners need to reinvest some money into this property.

UPDATE: This hotel decided to raise their rates on us a solid 60% and we checked out early because we had three rooms and it just became too expensive. I was enraged until I heard that while we were paying $160, others were paying $250 for the same disgusting rooms. It's safe to assume that 90% of the guests were evacuees and these people had the nerve to gouge their customers. We spoke with both IHG as well as the front desk and neither wanted to take responsibility for the rate hike. The better business bureau has been contacted and this matter will be pursued to the very end. What they did was disgusting and unethical. As a small business owner, I understand how important it is to stay profitable, but the owners of this property are simply opportunists that are making an extra buck on the backs of victims.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
TracyJohnsonGM, Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Hi fsereb,

Thank you for submitting your review.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

This was a great little hotel. Well appointed public space and guest rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. A credit to the HI system.

The bar food options are very adequate and the food quite good. Friendly employees, and an extremely quiet hotel set back from the major highways. It also has a Mexican restaurant next door.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably very good as the hotel sets back from the major highways.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Thank you for a delightful stay. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and clean. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had plenty of choices. Free parking and convenient location for our business meeting.

Staff was helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear AnnRonco

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. We are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our amenities and our location was convienant for your needs.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Happy to stay here a second time-- Very convenient parking, clean rooms, good restaurant, room service, lovely indoor pool= it's all good! Rooms are updated and modern, granite in bathroom, although not in shower. Very clean, but this time I noticed a lamp in the room was dusty, and the stairwells smelled slightly foul. I'm going to assume they were just slightly off their game. All staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoy everything about the nice sized rooms: the very comfortable bed, vintage Holiday Inn framed and matted photographs, superb views from corner room windows, Bath and Body Works toiletries, in-room Keurig. (In-room coffee makers tend to skeeve me out, but I brought my own vinegar to clean this time, LOL) Room has every amenity you could desire: hair dryer, fridge, microwave, room darkening curtains, with all in good working condition. We had a little issue with non availability of a luggage trolley, but as the hotel has five, (observant hubby) I can't blame this on the hotel, but rather on guests that are inconsiderate of others. Glad for good channels on TV, as some hotels seem to be loaded with sports channels and little else. (Ugh!) Bustling hotel full of people there for business or concerts at the nearby venue.(Name tags everywhere. LoL) The cucumber lemon whatever water in the lobby is a treat, and addictive. I didn't have the breakfast buffet this time, but totally recommend the hummus and chips appetizer.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2017

I was in town for a wedding. I was unable to check in early, but I was not too concerned since there was other things to do in the area. However, when I checked out the following day I left behind two dresses in the closet. By the time I realized what happened I was back in NC. I tried to call the hotel the exact same day and kept getting transferred to the Housekeeping Manager. I left several phone messages for her and never received a return call from her. I was willing to pay the shipping charges just so that I could get back my stuff. By now I am sure my stuff is in the hands of who knows and the dishonest hotel staff is trying to cover it up.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sekai G
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Sekai G

It is unfortunate it took several times trying to return your call for us to reach you by phone. I'm glad to say, our Housekeeping Director has mailed you items to you and you should receive them shortly.