“Fabulous Ribs!”
Review of Memphis BBQ Co.

Memphis BBQ Co.
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 29, 2017

We were riding down the road on our way to a different restaurant when we smelled the barbeque. So enticing we did a U-Turn and went in! Got a full rack of "wet" baby back ribs with fries, turnip greens and a cup of brisket chili on the side. Okay, the ribs were some of the best we've ever had anywhere - moist, meaty, just smoky enough, perfect glaze, and a little bit of char. Perfect. Large rack, plenty for two people - and we shared the other sides. (That were okay, but not fabulous). We were in BBQ pork heaven. This BBQ has won world championships! So good! At the end, we saw they had desserts, and if we had not been too full, we would have tried the bread pudding. Why? Made with Krispie Kreme donuts (as the bread), stuffed with apples and drizzled with caramel sauce! We have to go back for that decadent dessert...

Reviewed July 21, 2017

Nice sit down, waiter/waitress establishment. Very clean. Offer many smoked barbecued dishes. Had baby back ribs. Offered dry, wet, or muddy. I chose dry, and they were excellent. Vinegar based sauces. Baked beans were average, okra was fantastic. Cornbread was a little above average, had a sweet flavor to it. Ribs were very tender, not quite fall off the bone, but rich with flavor and smoke. Very good dry rub! Potato salad excellent. Reasonably priced. Did not try dessert, stuffed with great main course! Almost forgot, excellent salads as well.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

The baby back ribs are so good you'll wanna thank the pig for it's sacrifice. You will want to get them mudded (rub and sauce combined). The baked beans are very delicious as well. The chicken was dry, and most of the sides where standard fare. The reason you shouldn't pass this place up is the smoked meats. They are cook with heart and a passion for smoke bbq that is second to none.

Reviewed June 28, 2017

We stopped by for lunch. We had read the overwhelmingly positive reviews online and were eager to try several items off of the menu. We arrived thirty minutes after the restaurant opened and we were literally the only people in the entire restaurant.

Our waitress was friendly and in a good mood. She brought us a plate of complimentary pork rinds. Normally, we do not like pork rinds, but we tried them anyway; they were crunchy and flavorful. Unfortunately, the pork rinds were the best part of the meal, which isn’t saying much.

The rest of the food was just OK. We had ordered several items off of the menu and none of them were nearly as good as the reviews stated. BBQ nachos? Just OK. Baby back ribs? A little on the dry side. Pulled pork? Dry as well.

Perhaps we visited on an off day? We weren’t sure, but needless to say, we will not be returning.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Ironically located in the spot that used to be Smokey Bones BBQ many years ago and then I think became an Irish pub, this "replacement" is excellent. From the friendly and responsive service, to the hearty portions, and the great "slightly" sweet BBQ sauce on my sandwich, I was very impressed. The value is very good given the large portions. I will say that my corn on the cob side was a bit on the bland side, but my wife and son's french fries were good.

In 22 years living in the Atlanta area, I have found truly good BBQ restaurants to be few and far between for some reason. Being on the north side, Williamson's Brothers, "Q", and Jim n' Nicks had been my favorites. For the BBQ alone, I prefer MBC. We will definitely return and try some of the other items on the menu as well.

I am glad we found out about this place! Good stuff...