“Yummy fajitas!”

El Rey Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in East Ellijay
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Tex-Mex Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - El Rey’s features a large indoor seating area and plenty of spaces for large groups. We also have a beautiful outdoor patio area where you can enjoy some iced cold margaritas during the summer and a Mexican coffee during the winter months. Both go well with an order of our beloved Mexican Fajitas!! We also have a large full bar with dance floor and plenty of t.v.’s to enjoy those sporting events! Visit us every Friday night for karaoke!!
Reviewed February 1, 2016 via mobile

So good! We had the fajitas for two which included chicken, steak, & shrimp. Plus rice & beans & toppings & tortilla wraps for $20! It was enough for 3-4. The chips & salsa were really yummy too. In town for a 2 night romantic getaway, very glad we stopped in 4 lunch. Would definitely recommend this place for real good authentic Mexican food!

Reviewed January 31, 2016

My credit card company contacted me to find out if my charges were legit. We are there so often it is now a slice in my Quicken budget. Great food and service each and every time.

1  Thank Erik H
Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

This place has been a staple for Mexican food in Ellijay for ages. Its changed owners in the last few years but the food pretty much stays the same. Can always expect a good meal. The lunch deals are great as well. It also has a full enclosed bar that has booths as well to serve food.

Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

Stopped in around 2PM for lunch. Great service and food as well. Chips and salsa were fresh, and my luncheon portion of shrimp fajitas was delicious and more than I could eat. The other three in my party enjoyed their meals as well.

Reviewed October 15, 2015

Me and my son decided to try this place for lunch, the dish I got was awful, the ground beef was not seasoned, it was blah tasting.The burrito was covered in brown gravy, one bite and could not eat it, the Enchilada wasn't much better even though it had a salsa over it, the only thing I could eat was the taco, which like all the ground beef was not seasoned.My son said his dish lacked seasoning also, it tasted pretty blah and his burrito had brown gravy on it, topped with melted cheese.We both love good Mexican food but this is not the place to get it.I wasted 20 dollars on pretty lousy food.