“Repeat review - last reviewed in early 2017”
Review of Oz Pizza

Oz Pizza
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in East Point
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Since I have been here over the years, I like to update my reviews. My most recent visit say the standards are still high and this is still the top pizza on Atlanta's southside region. The only downgrade I can give is that pizza quality varies a bit by visit - it's never bad, but sometimes details are missed (like the pie is not evenly sliced or sliced all the way through, which tends to say someone forgets to watch small details). Other than the small errors like that, which are a reminder that the location has always done best when management is there, so that is the one thing they need to watch, this is plain and simple great NY style pizza, well done, in a friendly place. Definitely worth regular visits! One small thing - the outside landscaping isn't as pretty as it once was - could use a freshen up (they actually have lost some of the best look with past freshen ups) with some new small trees, bushes or flowers.

For info, this was my March 2017 review and I still think it applies now: "Oz has always had some of the best pizza in metro Atlanta, and clearly the best in South Metro Atlanta (and it has nearby great competition in Johnnys and Mellow Mushroom). The quality of the pizza remains great - a NY style that's fairly thin but enough crust to rise, great sauce, perfect amount of cheese and great variety of toppings (while I tend to do the "boring pepperoni and black olive" which is great, they have a huge variety worth trying, including artichoke. The ratios are good on the ingredients, the servers friendly, the service better than ever, and the Greek salad is a great starter. Good variety of beer, plus they have calzones and lasagna. The outdoor courtyard is nice, and the recent remodel has solved the one bad point - the place is cleaner and fresher looking"

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

We had the Tuscan pizza in this Pizzeria. We were a little overwelmed by the garlic on this pizza. It was the only taste we could recognize. Rest of the ingredients we could not taste, unfortunatly.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Normally I have an excellent experience with Oz Pizza in East Point. I'm a very trusting person and If I place an order and you read it back, I expect it to be right and I will not check it until I get home and ready to eat. To my surprise, when I opened the box it was not what I ordered and I was very disappointed. I just can't eat it right now. I received my pizza around 6:30pm got home and was ready to eat but just couldn't. I may try this location one more time or make the Fairburn location my spot to order because I love Oz Pizza. Get it RIGHT, stop F---ing Up my order, this is the 2nd time.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

First visit. Ordered med pizza to go with 4 ingredients. Told cashier pizza seemed to be missing an ingredient. She said it (onions) was under the pizza. Got home & no onions. Chicken on pizza was not good. Maybe because it was baked. I offered remaining to my nephew. He didn’t like it either and threw it away. Can’t spend $20 on pizza and have to toss it. Notified manager who offered another pizza, but I passed.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

I recently decided to go vegan. Going to a pizza restaurant is not the best place to go to when you decide to do this. Yet the employees at Oz pizza were incredibly helpful in figuring out a meal that fit my dietary need. And it was quick too! They were so nice as well. If you are in the area and are looking for a slice or have the taste for a pizza, go here! I was with a huge wrong of people and everyone raved about the pizza they ordered. Speaking of large groups, they can also handle large parties. Your order is taken at the front where you pay. They will then serve your food to the table where you and your party are sitting. Parking is at the front and at the back as well. Be on the look out for designated reserved spaces in the back parking.