The Lodge on Lake Oconee
HIExpress.com
US$55
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice restaurant next doorcorned beef hashboat dockfree breakfasteach eveningbreakfast roomupgraded to a suiteisland grillquaint townpool and hot tublittle thingsweekend staytop floorthe staff was friendly and helpfulbusiness meetingwafflesbed was comfortable
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I stayed with my wife one night and do not have a single complaint.
The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. In fact the lobby, halls, building and grounds were very well kept. We were in Eatonton Ga for a wedding at the Cuscowilla Country Club so the location was ideal being less then a mile away. If we return to the Eatonton area, we will stay at that hotel surely.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

This was my second stay at the Lodge on Lake Oconee. Generally, the hotel is OK, with comfortable rooms overlooking the lake. However, the bathrooms were dirty on both of my stays. Mildew in the tub/shower, soap-scum buildup on the tub/shower and faucets, toilet had a "ring" that indicated it was rarely cleaned. I noted this on a comment card during my stay in 2008 -- but months later, they are still unwilling to properly clean a bathroom. This might be acceptable on a $40 room. I paid $129/night for a 2-night stay.

There was a power outage (not the hotel's fault) during my stay. Many of the emergency lights were not working in the stairways and halls. Cleanliness and guest safety are clearly not a priority at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank trh8556
Reviewed October 27, 2008

We stayed here as an alternative to staying in Rock Eagle accomdations. The hotel is nice and located alongside Lake Oconee. We had a jacuzzi room w/ king bed. It was spacious, clean and well-appointment. We also had a view of the lake. The beds are comfortable and clean. The only disturbances were from being located right at the end of a hall at the stairwell.

There is free internet in the room and the hotel even provided the cable.

There were 2 things that really bothered me that I felt could be improved:

1. There was an ant problem. We had ants (the little tiny ones) on the sink (with the microwave and fridge) in the room.

2. This is directly related to number 1 - I went to the front desk to ask if there was any ant spray that I could use. The lady at the front desk did a circle around the back, came back to the front and said that there wasn't any spray. That was it...no I'm sorry, I'll see what I can do to get rid of the ants, nothing. She paid no more attention to me and I took that as my cue that I wasn't getting any help.

I will say that when housekeeping came by, I asked her about ants and if she had any spray. She said no, but she did go to the hotel office and tell them. She came back and said that someone else had came by earlier in the AM saying he/she had ants. I'm pretty sure I was that person. There were even times when the front desk was empty. Housekeeping has more customer service skills than the front desk.

All in all, it's a good place to stay but don't count on excellent or even good customer service. If I were in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank peachstt04
Reviewed May 3, 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights in April. A great rate ($100/night) and location attracted us to this location. I asked for a king size bed, top floor, and view away from the pool--I got 0 for 3. But they did give me a 2 queen bed suite in exchange, so we rolled with it. The rooms are very clean, but nothing fancy. Front desk staff were just kind of there--usually when we walked by, no one was at the desk, I guess they prefer hiding in the back. So if you need a clean, safe place to stay and need no help from staff, then this is the place for you. They do offer a free breakfast, we did not check this out--there is a Waffle House right down the road (along with gas stations, McDonald's, Publix...).

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 21, 2006

I just stayed there this weekend attending a math conference at Rock Eagle. I am pretty picky about hotels (don't like exterior rooms, must be clean, etc...) this was very nice. I am actually surprised it used to be a Holiday Inn Express because that to me sounds not so nice! The room was very clean, comfortable beds, bathroom fully equipped and complete the bath and body works shampoo/conditioner, etc... We got a conference rate of $89, although originally booked for $139--the desk was very nice in giving us the reduced rate. Cont'l breakfast was very well stocked, fresh. No 'make your own waffles' but there were some available to put in a toaster. Other baked goods, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, etc. Our viewed overlooked a portion of the lake Room was quiet and free Wi-Fi was great--no problems. Everything looked very new to me. I'd stay there again any day!

Stayed: October 2006