“Good hotel,nice staff”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Eatonton
GA
“Good hotel,nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

We stayed over the weekend in the kids suite room. Good decision. Kids had a separate room with twin beds and TV. Room & bathroom were clean, staff was very friendly. They even let us have a late checkout w/out addt'l charges.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank GAgymtrav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
DeBary, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

I stayed with my wife one night and do not have a single complaint.
The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. In fact the lobby, halls, building and grounds were very well kept. We were in Eatonton Ga for a wedding at the Cuscowilla Country Club so the location was ideal being less then a mile away. If we return to the Eatonton area, we will stay at that hotel surely.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

This was my second stay at the Lodge on Lake Oconee. Generally, the hotel is OK, with comfortable rooms overlooking the lake. However, the bathrooms were dirty on both of my stays. Mildew in the tub/shower, soap-scum buildup on the tub/shower and faucets, toilet had a "ring" that indicated it was rarely cleaned. I noted this on a comment card during my stay in 2008 -- but months later, they are still unwilling to properly clean a bathroom. This might be acceptable on a $40 room. I paid $129/night for a 2-night stay.

There was a power outage (not the hotel's fault) during my stay. Many of the emergency lights were not working in the stairways and halls. Cleanliness and guest safety are clearly not a priority at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank trh8556
Dahlonega, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

We stayed here as an alternative to staying in Rock Eagle accomdations. The hotel is nice and located alongside Lake Oconee. We had a jacuzzi room w/ king bed. It was spacious, clean and well-appointment. We also had a view of the lake. The beds are comfortable and clean. The only disturbances were from being located right at the end of a hall at the stairwell.

There is free internet in the room and the hotel even provided the cable.

There were 2 things that really bothered me that I felt could be improved:

1. There was an ant problem. We had ants (the little tiny ones) on the sink (with the microwave and fridge) in the room.

2. This is directly related to number 1 - I went to the front desk to ask if there was any ant spray that I could use. The lady at the front desk did a circle around the back, came back to the front and said that there wasn't any spray. That was it...no I'm sorry, I'll see what I can do to get rid of the ants, nothing. She paid no more attention to me and I took that as my cue that I wasn't getting any help.

I will say that when housekeeping came by, I asked her about ants and if she had any spray. She said no, but she did go to the hotel office and tell them. She came back and said that someone else had came by earlier in the AM saying he/she had ants. I'm pretty sure I was that person. There were even times when the front desk was empty. Housekeeping has more customer service skills than the front desk.

All in all, it's a good place to stay but don't count on excellent or even good customer service. If I were in the area again, I would stay here.

• Liked — Clean rooms and good location
  • Disliked — Customer Service and ants
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank peachstt04
boston, ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights in April. A great rate ($100/night) and location attracted us to this location. I asked for a king size bed, top floor, and view away from the pool--I got 0 for 3. But they did give me a 2 queen bed suite in exchange, so we rolled with it. The rooms are very clean, but nothing fancy. Front desk staff were just kind of there--usually when we walked by, no one was at the desk, I guess they prefer hiding in the back. So if you need a clean, safe place to stay and need no help from staff, then this is the place for you. They do offer a free breakfast, we did not check this out--there is a Waffle House right down the road (along with gas stations, McDonald's, Publix...).

• Stayed April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2006

I just stayed there this weekend attending a math conference at Rock Eagle. I am pretty picky about hotels (don't like exterior rooms, must be clean, etc...) this was very nice. I am actually surprised it used to be a Holiday Inn Express because that to me sounds not so nice! The room was very clean, comfortable beds, bathroom fully equipped and complete the bath and body works shampoo/conditioner, etc... We got a conference rate of $89, although originally booked for $139--the desk was very nice in giving us the reduced rate. Cont'l breakfast was very well stocked, fresh. No 'make your own waffles' but there were some available to put in a toaster. Other baked goods, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, etc. Our viewed overlooked a portion of the lake Room was quiet and free Wi-Fi was great--no problems. Everything looked very new to me. I'd stay there again any day!

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank spot28
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2005

I stayed here in Oct 2005 while attending a conference in the area. This was an excellent Hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the service was excellent and the selection at breakfest was very good. Ask for a backside room, which overlooks the lake. In the back of the Hotel, you can walk down to a beautiful lake which the hotel has several docks on. I very much recomend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank garedsoxfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatonton
8.0 km away
23.9 km away
Days Inn Madison
Days Inn Madison
#3 of 6 in Madison

Been to The Lodge on Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!