2,269 results
All reviews all inclusive hotel best hotel on the island ocean front reggae music new tower amazing pool minute ride minutes from the airport international food doing nothing ceviche punta cana specialty restaurants public beach rooms are comfortable beautiful island rocky cay
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

The hotel has a good location, even if is next to the airport is not noisy, the best thing is the beautiful beach and pool, the service is a little bit sloppy, the rooms have some manteinance issues.
The weakest link is food and beverage, they sell you this hotel as the best of the brand in san andres, however the food is very average, if you stay for a couple of days it gets repetitive.
Be far away from they "Japanese restaurant " is terrible, try the steak restaurant from the aquarium and the one who is a block away from the isleño, those were great picks" we never made it to get reservations to the Italian. By the way if you want to reserve, you need to get like 6am at the pool bar to have a chance to get some reservations, another tip is once you are doing the reservations line, ask your partner to reserve the tents.
The worst is the selling policies, I want to be clear, this is not the hotel's fault, is the brand. They overbooked their hotels, and they send you to another one of their choice and doesn't matter how in advanced you booked and paid, they tell you a lot of BS to justify this overselling, but don't accept this because, they will try to compensate with a city tour or something useless. They earn tons of money, make sure they don't screw your vacations very easy.

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank Oscar T
gerenteisleno, Gerente at Decameron Isleno, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

We thank you for your comments, we value every observation shared by our customers, mainly about our food, rooms, bars and general services.

Also, the hotel provides 120 chairs to have dinner, naturally the guests are properly attended on their arrival order. We deeply sorry if this procedure produces the discomfort manifested.

The main reason to improve, it is to achieve our clients expectations, and sharing these words with us, it challenge us to keep on the right path, the reach of succeed, thank you by choosing us as your vacation resort.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

We usually stay at $50-$60 per night hotels, but at the last 3 nights of our vacation we went to the Isleno. The Isleno looks much better than all other all inclusive hotels that we saw in San Andres but we don't think it worth the cost (more than $300 US a night). The food was nice (but not amazing..) and there a lot of options, but for $30-$40 for a couple you can get much better dinner/lunch in restaurants there. and same for the alcohol and cocktails. The room was nice (but not amazing..) with nice view and the staff was friendly.
Bottom line - good for "all inclusive fans" that less care for the value for money.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gerenteisleno, Gerente at Decameron Isleno, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

Reviewed October 11, 2016

Amazing hotel in a great location, you have the beach in front of you, and it takes nothing to walk there, clear and warm water. The hotel has a delicious breakfast, has plenty of food, and also the dinner was delighful. I made a couple of friends with the Staff, they were very friendly and we got some drinks together. I totally recommend you to stay there.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
gerenteisleno, Gerente at Decameron Isleno, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2016

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

We arrived to San Andres around 11am on a Sunday morning. Walking outside we were asked if we had a voucher for a shuttle. We did not. We used booking.com and apparently we're not given the option. Anyways we found a cabbie that charged us 5 bucks to go 4 feet to the left. Great.
We went to check in and asked about staying an extra night and apparently they do not handle the reservations at the hotel itself......? So we would have had to call the reservation line to extend our stay. No thanks.
Our room wasn't ready yet but we were given our bracelets and were allowed to begin using the amenities at the hotel.
The pool. Awesome. It's HUGE. beautiful and has lots of palm trees all around and plenty chairs to choose from. The beach offers limited chairs and huts but I think that's the island rules not the hotels. Getting a towel tho.... you have to go through the towel Nazi. we were practically lectured with their towel rules. Im surprised they don't offer a beginners course since it's so complicated to take a towel and bring it back. I highly recommend bringing your own towels then having to deal with that.
There is a pool bar however it can use a swim up bar. Drinks were pretty good. And they didn't use the cheap liquor either. Lots of varieties to choose from.
The food. It is buffet style. So it's a hit or miss. Some dishes were really good. And some were not. Many tables to choose from. They offer fresh juices which were very good. And the coffee is great.
Which brings me to the reservations of restaurants. Where do I start. Confusing. Unnecessary. You have to wake up early and get to the pool bar at 7am. They have chairs lined up military style. At 8am they hand out a ticket number, kind of like at a deli. Then the manager will come after you've just woken up early and waited an hour to tell you what restaurants you can pick from and how they are no good. The restaurants are all part of their chain of hotels however the Isleño offers the best food at their buffet. Soooooo then why did I just wait for this ticket to eat bad food? Ripped it up and went to get some coffee.
The room was pretty big. Good size bathroom. Hot water and good pressure. Very good AC unit.
All in all some of the areas are a bit outdated. But compared to the rest of the island it is the best choice.

Date of stay: September 2016
5  Thank nataliee310
gerenteisleno, Gerente at Decameron Isleno, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2016

As a standar procedure the Decameron Hotels manage its reservations from the central head office, therefore the hotels can´t provide information about it. The huts on the beach are an exclusive concession given by the local government to the local people, therefore the Hotels are not allowed to install this service as its own. Knowing this, we have an arrangement in order to provide 24 huts to our customers, in order to provide the double amount, we split the schedule, giving the use; 4 hours in the morning (8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) and 4 hours in the noon (12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
The hotel provides 120 chairs to have dinner, naturally the guests are properly attended on their arrival order. We deeply sorry if this procedure produces the discomfort manifested.

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Where to start - I usually hate giving a bad review but I feel like I have to on this one!
First off, we had to change rooms because the AC in the first one was so loud and obnoxious, they were actually nice about this and upgraded us to an ocean front instead. The room however needs some TLC as it has mold all over the ceiling and the AC is also very noisy.
I was very shocked about this but they do not offer guests any kind of chairs or umbrellas at the beach. At about US $300 a night, I'd expect a chair. The pools are nice and full of chairs though. The kicker is actually getting a towel for the pool or beach, we need to sign our life away and are fined if we lose it.
But the REAL kicker of it all is the food! I myself will eat just about anything, but not this. Food wasn't very good. I think I only actually ate once at the hotel. Last night I was STARVING and it was about 5:30pm (past snack time and too early for dinner) so I headed to the buffet and tried to grab a piece of bread in the meantime to which I shooed away and forbidden to grab a dinner roll UNTIL dinner at 6:30pm! I was told to wait or go out and buy something (which I had already been doing all along). They do not offer room service either. First hotel I've been to that doesn't offer this. I called for some soda (because my husband and I weren't feeling very well and did not want to walk all the way across the pools to the lobby bar) and wasn't even told "sorry; no we cannot deliver" instead they said ok and waited for about 40 mins to which I called again and THEN I was told no.
They do have all drink (alcoholic and not) available since it is an all inclusive but I honestly don't think any amount of booze I could possibly drink here was worth $300+ a night. The service was blah and the food even more blah. Will not stay here again. There's a few other hotels down the street at a much better rate with just about the same amenities.

Date of stay: September 2016
3  Thank tati_valb
gerenteisleno, Gerente at Decameron Isleno, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

The standard related to the food keeps a proper and program rotation in order to serve the best quality and variety concerning to the proteins, salads, fruits, and desserts, mainly due to we assign major budget to it. Our chef have had the best academic preparation y worked in many countries precisely to give one of the best gastronomy in our hotel chain

For the comments referred, there were not enough clarity about the services bought, the hotel does not offers room service, and surely if we were advised of any medical situation, any member of our staff were provide the help or services needed. We feel sorry, because we don’t receive any request asking for the help suggested in the letter

The main reason to improve, it is to achieve our clients expectations, sharing these words with us, it challenge us to improve, thank you by choosing us as your vacation resort.