All reviews last minute booking room was large check in was easy marta train the shuttle driver waffle maker an overnight stay close to the airport easy access bed was comfortable business trip vim atlanta interstate
Reviewed July 10, 2018

First the pros....The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The price was great as they let me bundle my room rate with a parking rate while I was on my trip. It was much cheaper than parking at the airport.

The biggest con for me was the smell. I'm not sure if all of the floors are like this, but the 2nd floor hallway smelled horrible. It was a little better in the room, but the smell definitely made it in there as well. If it wasn't for that it would have been perfect. While the price was good, the smell on the 2nd floor may be too much for me to stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward I
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I stayed here about a week ago with my sister and our 2 kids. The pictures were false advertisement that did not indicate what we were really booking. I used Choice Hotels and got a really good deal almost to good to be true. First, the room was extremely dusty and my niece feet were filthy from the dirt in the carpet in our room. I have pictures. Also, in order to get fresh towels you have to turn in your old ones and the person at the desk has to count them to make sure nothing is missing. The lady didn't use any gloves or anything just used bare hands to look through soiled towels. I informed the Indian Lady that I don't use one towel for my face and bottom, that's disgusting. One of the reasons I actually booked was because I would save costs with the free Continental breakfast. However, the hot food section was down due to electrical issues, so they only offered cereal, and pastries. I have gastric issues and can't eat dairy. They had no accommodations no juices was offered just milk, coffee and water. I also , saw the lady preparing the breakfast using her hands instead of gloves which made me really unlikely to eat anything. The pool was another attraction that aided my booking but when I went to take a look it was extremely dirty in the bottom and it had rained so there were lot's of bugs floating around. I would never recommend putting your children in there. My daughter was uncomfortable the whole visit she didn't want to use the restroom the toilet looked like someone had been smoking and burned the seat, the shower head was coming out the wall. We also saw a roach near the couch in the room and the pull out couch was extremely old and smelly. The whole place need a makeover and updates and was not appealing in person. This was my first time visiting Atlanta and I will never stay there again. The manager was nice but it didn't take away from the promised amenities and cleanliness of the hotel. I also had one small trash can in the room which filled up quickly and had to wait hours until someone could dump it. The last straw was having to bring down my old sheets to get fresh ones. I have never experienced this kind of service in my life staying at any hotel. I highly recommend reading reviews and checking out the area before staying here. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2018

Check-in was easy and service was very friendly. Our room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was fairly small, though with a family of 4, I appreciated the sink being right outside the bathroom. The couch, desk, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker were all nice touches and would be great for a more extended stay, or for families like ours. The (outdoor) pool was closed, but I wasn't expecting to swim outside in April, even in the South. I thought they offered free hot breakfast, but both mornings, it was more continental style, and the waffle maker wasn't on. Also, we connected to the wi-fi, but it didn't seem to have Internet access when we connected. Not a huge deal for us, but maybe for some guests. The location was great for someone with a car with easy access to I-75 straight into Atlanta, or someone just needing the shuttle to/from the airport. We would probably stay here next time we're in Atlanta, unless we decide on a different location.

Reviewed April 21, 2018

I booked this property as we just needed one night in the south Atlanta area. We chose this property for the pool, hot breakfast, and good ratings. The hot breakfast didn't exist, this was disappointing since it's promoted on the website. Vim told me they didn't have a full food license since taking over from the Ramada, but it seemed some days they had hot breakfast since all the set up was there but we were told it was not available? We went out to eat in the area, but kept finding restaurants, and whole strip malls had bars on them. After returning from dinner we noticed a second check in window in the main door area. Clearly it was a security window, which further concerned us that the area was not safe. Our room was clean, but a little tired. The bedroom/bathroom was smaller, but the "suite" area of the room was larger, which seemed strange, There was a plate missing to hold in the tissue box/dispenser so every time you grabbed a tissue the whole box hit the floor. We stayed at a Quality Suites for the first time last month in Boulder, NV. It was lovely and we had hoped for a similar experience here. The pool was empty, the manager said people wanted it a different color so they were repainting it? The day prior it was 80, so we thought it would be open. The front desk staff, Tyrone who checked us in, and Vim who checked us out were excellent, they deserve a lot of credit for pleasant customer service, apologizing for a lengthy wait at check in (Tyrone was super patient with the woman ahead of us:-), and Vim apologized for the lack of hot breakfast and pool issue, both trying to make it better. Originally looked into College Park area hotels, but this property "sounded" a little better and worth a couple miles and few dollars more. Sorry to say we didn't like the area, or the property, it was disappointing to say the least. It's very near the airport so if that is what you want and are ok with the other shortcomings, it might be ok, and hopefully under new ownership if will continue to improve. The room was in need of redecorating as well. We did sincerely appreciate the great staff.

Room tip: Top floor so you don't hear people walking on the ceiling above you.
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Overall I had a pleasurable stay. The staff here are very professional, Polite and attentive.It is obvious they have put a lot of work into the recent update of the facility. It is unfortunate that a little more attention hasn’t been given to the details which would otherwise make this a fine facility for anyone to stay. Specifically, the baseboards in the bathroom were very dirty. My entrance lamp did not work. The pull out couch is broken & there were paint stains on the carpet. No facial tissues provided where ordinarily expected to be. Also, The table where I sat in the dining area was unleveled and wobbly. Again, I command the staff for all that they have done but these details could “put the icing on your otherwise fine cake.” I would not hesitate to stay here again if my job brings me back.

Trip type: Travelled on business