All reviewslarge cabinbunk bedspots and panscoffee filtersfamily weekendmilitary idrv sitesclorox wipespot holdersdish soapboat rentalstoilet paperbeautiful campgroundblow dryerlarge sitesbasic training graduationgreat place to stay
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for the ASA championship archery tournament.
This campground was very clean. We rented a one bedroom/bath cabin (listed under the medium cabins)..and for 4 adults it wasn't bad.
My husband and I took the short trip to the "shower station" so that we all could be ready and not have 4 people using one shower. The shower/laundry facilities were very clean.
It was a busy weekend with probably every cabin rented and lots of campers..
Check in was at 3pm..and since it was a busy weekend we had to wait past 3pm to check in..that really was the only downfall from traveling hours to get to the camp site.
Cabin is equipped with towels..kitchen items..pillows and blankets.
For the medium cabin..the bunk beds are in the main living/kitchen area so not much privacy, but for the weekend it worked.
Also, the cabins have a fire pit and grill..the weekend we were there the weather was super hot and humid and since we were outside all day we wanted to be cool in the evening so we didn't utilize the fire pit..and glad the cabins had A/C
Our cabin had a picnic bench on the deck so one morning we were able to eat breakfast outside before we headed to the archery tournament.
Overall a very nice experience!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amy m
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

We visited Uchee campground for our son in laws military graduation. We stayed in one of their cabins. It was great!! We had a wonderful time. The cabin was very spacious!! We did have a problem with the sewer but they sent someone straight out and fixed it!! The scenery and the peacefulness was unbelievable!! Thank you so much for having us!! Would love to visit again!!
Tim

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank tandmd
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Uchee Camp Grounds while finding housing near Fort Benning. The main reason we choose this property: provided kitchen (since we were staying for 17 days, our 2 dogs could stay with us and the proximity to Fort Benning. Overall it's not a bad place. Our cabin wasn't cleaned well. Perhaps my standards are high since I've worked in property management however I felt like the cabin needed a deep clean! It also smelled of musty wet towels which we couldn't get rid of the entire time we stayed. I actually bought cleaning products and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen area myself because I couldn't stand filth. The kitchen has the very, very basics. Don't expect to cook a meal here. Maybe heat up left overs or something of that nature. (Although the microwave was dirty) The pool was closed the entire time we were here so I can't say much about that. Don't expect to get cell service if you're an att&t subscriber. Verizon is ok, just ok. The Internet is very spotty! One moment you have full signal, the next moment the Internet signal is totally gone! Our tv was fuzzy and wasn't digital however it was a flat screen. I brought my Apple TV but we couldn't use it because the Internet is so bad. Would I stay here again?! I'm not sure... They definitely need a good housekeeping lesson. I give this place a 2 stars. If I could give it a 1.5 I would. Step up the housecleaning and air these cabins out and it would help tremendously!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2016

We stayed with two families in two cabins and attended a graduation at Ft. Benning. It is a bit of a drive across post to this campground but if you have a large family or a motorhome, it is a great place to stay for a few days.

Room Tip: The camp store has limited times and supplies so bring groceries
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

We traveled with our trailer trailer. They have both pull through and back in sites. This is a beautiful camp ground. It is only accessible for military and their families. Nicely kept. The people at the office are very friendly and helpful. Especially Petra. We even extended our stay for a night and very easy to do. We had a problem with our water but it was fixed immediately.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family