“Perfect for group and family visiting.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Benning
Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Stayed in a Classic Chalet. Place is clean, the staff was very helpful. This is low frills (no daily housekeeping services, you are expected to keep it broom clean, towels are basic and thin, as are the pillows). We very much enjoyed our stay.We were there for our son's Basic Training Graduation and met family there for the weekend. We cooked our meals at the cabin and were able to just hang out and relax. The setting is very tranquil, deer were often around the cabin. Some cabins are pet friendly. Cable TV and A/C so it's not really roughing it. WIFI though is pretty much non existent and cell service is minimal (spring and verizon) and non existent (t-mobile).

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ohmom2016

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I stayed here for a week in 2012 and it was, and still is, the best bang for your buck around Fort Benning or Columbus. Again stayed here 3 weeks ago with 9 other people. We split it between a medium cabin and a park home.

The medium cabin is rather small, but is fine for 4 people. It has a modest kitchenette and a single bathroom (the only real issue). Air was nice and cold, and the kitchen had everything you would need for a few days there.

The park home was AWESOME. It isn't like a camper or a trailer by any stretch of the imagination. We had 5 people here and could have fit two more. The kitchen feels larger than the medium cabin and is sectioned off a little from the living area. The bathroom is between the living room and the master bedroom so you don't have to interrupt people sleeping or whatever.

The pullout couch was a little gross, but the sheets were clean and it was more than acceptable for two nights.

The upstairs floor mattresses were perfect for two adults. There is a ceiling light as well as a lamp up there, and even though it is very, very low and requires you to crawl, at 6'1 I was comfortable sleeping, just had to be mindful not to stand or sit up fast! it is about 12x12' up there so there is plenty of room for two people and their stuff. Just don't try changing clothes up there, its tough but possible. It would probably fit 4-5 kids up there if you had an inflatable mattress on the floor between the two beds.

You could easily fit 2-3 kids on the pullout couch, and 4-5 kids (not teenagers, mind you) upstairs, and Mom and Dad on the full bed in the closed off bedroom. We had 5 adults one night and 6 the other night and we had plenty of room, in my opinion. We just had to stagger the bathroom times.

Laundry is located offsite in a pay as you go washer and dryer. They don't lock but I wouldn't worry that too much. They work well and dry fast.

Pool is nice, but isn't huge, however I have never seen it packed.

The lodge has all the small things you think you may need or forgot, without having to drive off base. Its a little over priced but is cheaper in the long run than driving onto or off of base to get it.

I have never used the boat ramp or lake, but it looked popular.

We did take our own cleaning supplies like Lysol spray, Clorox wipes, Raid, and Fabreeze, and it made everyone feel a little better about staying in a cabin or a "trailer". I wouldn't say they were dirty per say, but they were cleaner after we left. Everything was CLEAN when we walked in, but you could tell it had been lived in and not taken care of by previous users, but it was demolished or trashed by any means.

The other reviewers don't understand...these are CABINS in the WOODS...there are going to be bugs, dirt, and dust. Expect it and you'll be ok. Take some small stuff to clean and you'll survive.

Leave early...the speed limit in Uchee Creek is god awful slow. Its like 10 MPH and everything is a weird one way, figure 8 looking loop...Plan wisely. And it is 20 MPH until you get to the main road headed back to base...Takes forever to be off property.

Room Tip: Park homes are a DEAL!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie N
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for the ASA championship archery tournament.
This campground was very clean. We rented a one bedroom/bath cabin (listed under the medium cabins)..and for 4 adults it wasn't bad.
My husband and I took the short trip to the "shower station" so that we all could be ready and not have 4 people using one shower. The shower/laundry facilities were very clean.
It was a busy weekend with probably every cabin rented and lots of campers..
Check in was at 3pm..and since it was a busy weekend we had to wait past 3pm to check in..that really was the only downfall from traveling hours to get to the camp site.
Cabin is equipped with towels..kitchen items..pillows and blankets.
For the medium cabin..the bunk beds are in the main living/kitchen area so not much privacy, but for the weekend it worked.
Also, the cabins have a fire pit and grill..the weekend we were there the weather was super hot and humid and since we were outside all day we wanted to be cool in the evening so we didn't utilize the fire pit..and glad the cabins had A/C
Our cabin had a picnic bench on the deck so one morning we were able to eat breakfast outside before we headed to the archery tournament.
Overall a very nice experience!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amy m
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We visited Uchee campground for our son in laws military graduation. We stayed in one of their cabins. It was great!! We had a wonderful time. The cabin was very spacious!! We did have a problem with the sewer but they sent someone straight out and fixed it!! The scenery and the peacefulness was unbelievable!! Thank you so much for having us!! Would love to visit again!!
Tim

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank tandmd
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Uchee Camp Grounds while finding housing near Fort Benning. The main reason we choose this property: provided kitchen (since we were staying for 17 days, our 2 dogs could stay with us and the proximity to Fort Benning. Overall it's not a bad place. Our cabin wasn't cleaned well. Perhaps my standards are high since I've worked in property management however I felt like the cabin needed a deep clean! It also smelled of musty wet towels which we couldn't get rid of the entire time we stayed. I actually bought cleaning products and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen area myself because I couldn't stand filth. The kitchen has the very, very basics. Don't expect to cook a meal here. Maybe heat up left overs or something of that nature. (Although the microwave was dirty) The pool was closed the entire time we were here so I can't say much about that. Don't expect to get cell service if you're an att&t subscriber. Verizon is ok, just ok. The Internet is very spotty! One moment you have full signal, the next moment the Internet signal is totally gone! Our tv was fuzzy and wasn't digital however it was a flat screen. I brought my Apple TV but we couldn't use it because the Internet is so bad. Would I stay here again?! I'm not sure... They definitely need a good housekeeping lesson. I give this place a 2 stars. If I could give it a 1.5 I would. Step up the housecleaning and air these cabins out and it would help tremendously!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We stayed with two families in two cabins and attended a graduation at Ft. Benning. It is a bit of a drive across post to this campground but if you have a large family or a motorhome, it is a great place to stay for a few days.

Room Tip: The camp store has limited times and supplies so bring groceries
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We traveled with our trailer trailer. They have both pull through and back in sites. This is a beautiful camp ground. It is only accessible for military and their families. Nicely kept. The people at the office are very friendly and helpful. Especially Petra. We even extended our stay for a night and very easy to do. We had a problem with our water but it was fixed immediately.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Benning
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning
Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning

Been to Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina? Share your experiences!