“Fantastic Quiche”
Review of The Colored Egg

The Colored Egg
Ranked #4 of 8 Dessert in Gainesville
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by today with my kids and ended up with a delicious brunch. The quiches are excellent and my daughter loved her sandwich. I've wanted to stop for awhile but never managed to get there before closing. Will definitely be stopping by more.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed February 6, 2017

My company always asks the Colored Egg to provide cookies for our customers simply because they are the best. Large, chewy oatmeal cookies that can't be beat.
I am sure there are lots of other wonderful options, but the oatmeal cookies always win out.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Wonderful cookies and other delights you won't want to miss out on! We love the Colored Egg and we can't say enough good things about local businesses that support other local businesses. Thank you Colored Egg! So lucky to have you in our community!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed October 27, 2015

Even though I'm fairly familiar with Gainesville, I drove around trying to find this place. Once I did, I was glad. The owner and her daughter greeted me warmly and answered all questions about their food. I purchased cream of tomato soup, cinnamon roll, and cookies to go. Everything is made by them from scratch and it was all delicious. Unfortunately, they are only open a couple of days a week and only for a few hours. It appears to be more of a hobby than a business for this family but they could make it big if they changed location and opened at least for lunch every day.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed April 22, 2015

Our office has been graced with the great foods from the colored egg many times. We have one unspoken person who brings us these great pastries and quiche every time he visits. The pastries are very light and flakey; with GREAT fillings. The quiche are wonderfully made with a variety of breakfast meats and cheese. Both have always been made fresh and very tasty.

Date of visit: March 2015