“The Bear is back! ”
Review of Big Bear Cafe

Big Bear Cafe
Ranked #86 of 270 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch Friday the food was Wonderful portion was good ,service was great and the price was reasonable. Missed seeing Chad , still a great home town Cafe for breakfast and lunch!

Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I went for lunch. There were about 4 other patrons there. We were greeted by the owner. He informed us that the staff was new and we should be patient.
Our waitress was a bit young and slightly unprofessional but friendly. She never noticed that my glass needed refilling. We waited over an hour for burgers. The parties were good, but were frozen from a box. The buns were awful, poor quality and tore when we tried to eat. The fried okra was undercooked and pre-breaded. The fried green tomatoes were soo bad. I wanted to tell the "chef" how to "really"make them. Nothing ones as a combo. It's all ala carte.
The cheese cake is good. So it's not all bad. You know people like what they like so I don't fault the good reviews.

Reviewed May 3, 2017

Go there for breakfast and they were closed for remodeling. My friend and I were disappointed and went to Waffle House.

Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

Best sausage gravy and biscuits ever! The staff was extremely nice as well. Would definitely stop in here anytime for breakfast.

Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

The food was delicious and the service was great. I had the best pancakes I have ever eaten in my life. Hometown cafe feel where the locals eat.