“Great for Overnight Layover”

Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hapeville
Cleveland, OH
“Great for Overnight Layover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We flew Atlanta on June 29, 2011 where we met with our traveling companions from another state. Because we had an overnight layover, I booked a two room suite at this hotel. There was a short wait for the shuttle from the airport and the hotel was a 5 minute ride. Check in was quick and efficient.

There is no restaurant on this property. However the sister hotel, a short walk across the parking lot, has a snack bar and a bar. We were able to order both food and drinks to go. There is an early continental breakfast that was out in the lobby when I went in search of coffee at 5:00am. I believe there is an expanded buffet starting later in the morning.

The suite had two full private bedrooms with their own bathrooms and TVs, a living area with chair, sofa bed and a third TV, and a kitchen with a full size stove, refridgerator, microwave and dishes. The counter seperating the kitchen and living area had 3 barstools.

The suite was extremely clean throughout and the grounds were well maintained.

Check out was a breeze. The shuttle back to the airport was on time and dropped us off at our airline's entrance.

The combined living space and seperate bedrooms (with baths) was the perfect choice for for two couples traveling together.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank takemeaway0207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dowriver, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

Rooms are nice and all new. Comfortable beds, clean kitchenettes, new furniture, decent pool, sm. Hot tub, nice lobby plus u have the marriot courtyard right next door. They also have a basketball net, barbq, and nice walkway between buildings. Resturants and bars within a short-medium walking distance. Good value.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank jitterd
Franconia, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

Just spent 2 working days at the Residence Inn and found the front desk folks to be more than helpful and friendly. Yes, the hotel is being renovated and that's the the good news. The morning buffet was very generous and plentiful. Work area (breakfast area) was very clean. Good value.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

The residence Inn in ATL near the airport is under a MAJOR remodel. the stay was horrible
listening to workers outside my room on ladders working on siding at 0800 in the morning
every day (4 days) is no way to start your day. I feel that Marriott should have at least warned me prior to booking my stay that the hotel was under a MAJOR renovation. I had paint drip off the wall and onto my jacket as they were painting the door jams. I would not recommend this property to anyone. A big disappointment from a Marriott property.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Hapeville hotels

Hapeville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

My co-worker recommended this place to me, since I'd be in Hapeville for training for two weeks. Well, when I get back we'll have to have a talk about what his home life is like if he considers this place even remotely acceptable. The front desk staff and housekeeping are great, but they can't make up for the elderliness of all of the finishes, especially everything in the kitchen. I opened the microwave and saw that it had been made in February 1990...and it was the newest appliance in the kitchen! That should be changing, I was actually asked to relocate due to renovations taking place in my building, but chose to move on to another hotel altogether since I'd just be moving to another non-renovated room. I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite with a fireplace, which I used every day. Free internet, parking and breakfast are great, but not if you avoid going back to your hotel at all costs.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bookgirl262
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

After reading reviews about this hotel, we nearly went elsewhere but we were glad we didn't. This was a great hotel and it really worked out perfect. The breakfast was good and a full buffet with a nice variety of items. Our room was clean & quite and nicely appointed. I have no idea whay the reviews of this hotel were so bad. Our stay was perfect and we will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpfeiffer1986
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

This hotel is in the process if a renovation. It's not up to Marriott standards. Wait until it's finished to stay here. The first room they gave me was dirty. The second one was cleaner, but the furnishings are tired and not comfortable. On a positive note, the front desk staff were friendly.

• Stayed October 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
0.5 km away
#88 of 173 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,619 reviews
0.3 km away
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!