“Good wine”

Helenbach Winehause & Candle Boutique
Ranked #19 of 31 Shopping in Helen
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a retail boutique offering fine Georgia and international wines as well as handmade candles that liquify into a lotion. We also offer wine supplies as well as unique home and gift items. Join us for a relaxing wiwne tasting that include cheese, sausage, and crackers. We also sell by the glass and can bottle for you to take with you and enjoy.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Great wine good people. Excellent smelling candles. Owner and son offered is free cheese and pumpkin seeds. Good experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not what I thought it was, but it did have it's time. If you are interested in stuff like this, you should give it a try.

Reviewed June 5, 2010

Based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was looking forward to visiting Helenbach to taste some wines. What a let-down! The little place was at the top of some steep, rickety stairs. The place was definitely all about their candles, which were OK, but I was there for some wine. I had to look really hard to find anything that indicated they had wine tastings. I finally noticed a little wine rack on the top of the counter by the register with a small sign. When I asked the young man behind the counter about tasting wine, he seemed a little surprised and hurried into the back to see if they had any. He emerged empty handed and apologetic. He explained that they might have some the following week (we were there on a Friday). He did recommend a place across the street, however, called Fox Vineyards (or something like that). So I left disappointed, but did purchase a few candles (I know, I'm a sucker). Their dog, Merlot, was very cute and very well-behaved. But if you're looking for a wine-tasting, look elsewhere! Now I'm wondering who really wrote the previous glowing reviews??

2  Thank HawaiianHercules
Reviewed April 11, 2010

The owners Paul and Cynthia are such wonderful people and their dog Merlot is great. They really provide quality candles and wine. The value is exceptional and they are so very welcoming into their store. They have an incredible amount of knowledge on the wines they carry and are always ready to offer samples of the wines you are interested in. Don't miss your chance to go in and check out their store. Our daughter is still talking about them and their dog. We truly enjoyed their products and their company on our trip to Helen.

1  Thank KrisandLauren
See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2009

This is a great shop to visit, more than just a candle shop! Lots of neat gifts and a great wine selection! Has a very warm atmosphere and a real sense of a European touch. The shop keepers were lots of fun and very helpful, especially the cute puppy! The woman was very charming and nice, the man was funny and had a great sense of humor! Keep up the work guys!