“Nice cabin”
other travellers have booked this property
Screened Private Back Porch with Hot Tub Snow 2012
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Screened Private Back Porch with Hot Tub
Snow 2012
stacked rock gas log fireplace
view from loft
Master bedroom queen bed
view of loft from 1st floor
loft bedroom wiht queen bed
fully equiped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, fridge, stove, coffee pot, view of deck
full bath with double jacuzzi spa tub
dining room area
Downtown Helen
Helen 2014
Hot air balllon race every June
Anna Ruby Falls at Unicoi State Park
pic nic at Unicoi
area wildlife
Visit Soon
Sautee Nacoochee Valley
Horse back ridding in the Mountains
Visit Local Pottery or make your own
Travel The GA Wine Hwy
Enjoy the view with a nice bottle of wine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Bozo C
“Nice cabin”
Reviewed November 24, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Our cabin was very clean and comfortable. It was not as private as we would have liked but we enjoyed it anyway. It was very spacious and the hot tub was great. Directions were easy to follow as to where the cabin was located, it rained while we were there but the roads were still ok. Would stay here again.

SherryVeg...
“What could have been...”
Reviewed October 23, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

We(mother, grandmother and I) rented the cabin for the location to Helen and Hiking as well as a review of the photos it looked great. However upon arrival I was extremely disappointed, turn into the cabins was not well marked so arrival at night caused us to pass it by.(no porch light was on and it’s pitch black around the cabin)However the cabin its self was very pretty-The rules were ridiculous, we had to strip the beds and put them in front of the washer before check out or a $ fee(even though they have a cleaning service?? You’re kidding me right) clean dishes /load dish washer or fee-$ fee if you miss check out per 15min-Set the Jacuzzi temp or $fee-set heater/ac or $fee : The total lack of cooking utensils really upset me it was like renting a cheap dorm. Not that we would leave any place a total mess but out last night/morning was spent making sure we did everything on the list so not to miss any hidden fees! great location – horrible management.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
26 Oct 2015
Dear ZR,
I am so very sorry that your visit in our cabin was far from optimal. I do apologize for the light not being on when you arrived. I understand that was a big inconvenience. The cleaning lady just forgot to leave it on. The only marking we are allowed by the poa is the property address # of 224. I do wish I could put a large sign up with "Welcome to Chimney Shadows Cabin 5" for my guest but I have to abide by the poa covenants. As far as the checkout instructions... These instructions are necessary because unlike you so many people have no idea how to take care of someone's home. We ask that you load your dishes in dishwasher and turn on. we even provide the dish tablets. This is very customary in the "self catering" vacation rental community. the only other request that has a fee attached is your prompt checkout time. We have had to implement a fee because again unlike you some people do not realize the importance of allowing the cleaning staff ample time to do their job. It is vital that checkout be prompt so that the next guest will be able to access the property by check in time. The other request, such as placing sheets in laundry area, setting hot tub temp back to normal and the heat/ac settings do not have a fee attached. These are just normal request that do not take much time at all. if they are not completed we do not assess a penalty. I am sorry you were confused and upset about that. We do ask that you place used linens and towels in front of the washer. But we do not ask you to wash them. we prefer to do that ourselves. People often make the beds and we do not know if they used all the beds or not. So by placing your used sheets in laundry area we are sure what needs to be laundered. The towels are already in the laundry area since the washer is in the bathroom. All of the request in the checkout instructions are stated in our policies and are really just customary when renting a home/cabin instead of a hotel or bed and breakfast. As far as the cooking utensils... I will take inventory to see what is missing. However most of the frying and baking pans are in the pull out drawer beneath the range to leave ample cupboards for our guest supplies I guess I need to leave a note as to where these items are located. Again, I apologize if you feel my instructions are rigid and it upset you. I am only following suggestions from what most homeowners expect when someone stays in their home. by following the checkout instructions it allows us to get in and clean thoroughly in time for our next guest. We do appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. I will do my best to make the checkout instructions more user friendly. I am saddened that you felt they were not. Thank you. Sadie Adams
Claire P
Cumming, Georgia
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed September 23, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We had a great time during our stay. Everything was as expected or better. We will rent again in the future for sure!

Management Response
26 Oct 2015
Thank you Claire for your review of our property. I do hope you will be able to visit again in the near future. Be sure to ask about our frequent guest discount. thanks again!! Happy Travels!! Sadie
Jessica D
Columbia, South Carolina
“Memorable”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

So our trip did not go as planned but who's ever does? We arrived at the cabin to find it exactly as described. It was nicely finished, and clean! The bed we slept in was very comfortable, the kitchen had everything we needed for the two of us, and we enjoyed using the grill! The night of our arrival we realized the hot tub was not working which was a disappointment especially because we were there to get married and we wanted all the relaxation life could offer. I called Sadie the following day to let her know and she came right out to try to fix the situation. I have to say she is the BEST! She made us feel very special and fixed everything! I would say you cannot rent a place from someone so dedicated to her guests!
One thing to consider though is there is not much of a yard here and the people down the road have a dog that barks constantly!! If you have the ear to drown that out you will be quite happy in this cozy cabin! I promise you that you will not regret your trip here.
The cabin itself is far enough out of town that you get some peace but close enough that you are able to get yourr fill of all the excitement.
Once again Sadie you are amazing and we will defiantly be back!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How cozy the cabin was and the amazing customer service!!
Liked least: I would have to say the dog barking down the road. I know there is nothing anyone can do about it, and after a while you just get used to it but it is anoying.
timjennch...
“AWESOME TIME!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had gone to celebrate our daughters birthday, it was myself and my husband and our two children, there was plenty of room and the hot tub provided so much fun for all of us!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Maiden, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Liked best: The privacy
Valdosta, Georgia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

We did not stay in this exact cabin but in her other one #3 and we loved it! The first thing we noticed when we pulled up was the secluded feeling of the cabin, you do have another cabin very close but with the trees in between it did not feel like you were right on top of each other. When we walked into the cabin we could not get over how clean it was and how good it smelled! The kitchen was stocked well but you will need to bring dish soap and extra paper towels maybe even trash bags, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper and coffee filters depending on how long you're staying. The owner, Sadie was fantastic to work with and we look forward to staying at Chimney Shadows #3 again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How easy the owner was to work with and How clean it was.
Liked least: No blinds on back window or door and a flimsy back door lock.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing