“Best Place in Town! Beautiful Wedding Cakes!”
Review of Hofer's of Helen

Hofer's of Helen
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Helen
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Hofer's Bakery & Cafe is an Authentic Bavarian Bakery and Cafe located just north of town center in Helen Georgia. European Cakes, Pastries, and "Old World" Breads compliment our delicious Breakfast and Lunch served in our relaxing dining room. We offer both German and American food favorites to satisfy the taste of all customers. Visit our "Gift Vault" where you will find many unique imported foods and gift items. Mail order service is available. Our outdoor Biergarten (located on our covered front deck) is open summer and fall (weather permitting) featuring delicious food, Beer and Wine and live music entertainment. Please call visit our website for more information
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I used Hofer's of Helen to make my wedding cake in October 2010. We gave Ralph quite a project to create an almost life sized Foosball table for the groom's cake. Ralph and his team did an amazing job both with the look and taste of our cakes. They were exactly what we wanted, the flavor was delicious, and they were very moist. We visit Hofer's every time we visit Helen for breakfast or lunch, and will continue to do so.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,739)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you like petrified pastries this is the place for you.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Love the food at breakfast and great coffee, have not tried lunch. Pastries are great take home as well as bread.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We were hungry after sleeping through breakfast and arriving here just after they stopped serving breakfast. So glad we missed it. My reuben sandwich was the best I've had in a long time! The portions were huge and everything was delicious! In fact, we were too full to buy any of those wonderful mouth watering patries that enticed us at the door. Now, I want to go back!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have to bring a cooler to Helen because I always stop at Hofer's to bring back some Bavarian meat that I can't get where I live.The pastry is so good,and they sell products from Germany as well.There's a small cafe and a beer garden.Hofer's alone is the kind of place that is worth the ride If it weren't already a part of Helen.

Been to Hofer's of Helen? Share your experiences!