See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the cute rustic cabin. we have visited more than once and plan on it again. The cabin is so peaceful and very romantic. we just love Mrs.Brenda and Mr. Larry. As for the people with the bad reviews, you must not be country lol..... it purely states RUSTIC ... that's why we choose it. If you need fancy luxury, you need to stay in a snooty resort!!! This cabin is for people who enjoy a rustic, beautifully decorated cabin full of romance and relaxation. when we are there, we don't want to leave and look forward to returning!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2010

This cabin is NOT romantic or relaxing in ANY way. It is OLD, DARK, DANK, FILTHY, OVERCROWDED with old furniture, country 'junk', deer heads, scented candles, plug-ins, sprays, incense, etc. and just plain STRANGE. While it might be on 2 acres of beautiful land, it is RIGHT on the road, claustrophobic (WAY too much furniture and junk piled into a very small space) and doesn't take advantage of the beautiful surroundings. It is nearly pitch dark inside the cabin even on a bright, sunny day because there is junk piled in front of all the windows and there are interior shutters keeping out all the light! I had emailed the owner ahead of time to ask about the process for cleaning the hot tub - I was assured that it was fully cleaned and sanitized before/after every stay. It was completely filthy! There was grit and sludge on the bottom and edges. The owners (Brenda and Larry) come across as nice people but they are not running a legitimate business. They ONLY take cash and they come to the cabin to pick it up. If we had not been so tired upon arrival, we would have turned around and gone back home!! My husband and I didn't have exact change and we wanted a receipt for payment - Larry said he would bring back our change and a receipt - he never did. The champagne, strawberries and chocolates are a nice touch but they don't make up for the FILTHY, OVERCROWDED, OVERSCENTED and just plain WEIRD atmosphere. The only reason I'm writing this review is so that others don't waste their hard-earned money on an expensive mistake like we did.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SeasonedTraveler2010
Reviewed September 4, 2007

The good side to Clarkesville is the MAGESTIC SITES if you like mountain and rivers! they are beautiful. The bad side is that you need a car for everything and driving between the towns feels alot longer cause of the curvy roads. I strongly recomend to anyone wanting to travel to stay in HELEN the town is beautiful the prices of food are very reasonable and all the good restaurants are in right there. We dorve in at night and I did not realize just how dangerous the roads are until the following morning when I saw the surroundings. Hubbie and I stayed in Clarkesville in a cabin called Rustic Country Cabin. The owner is a vampire for money. The hot tub in cabin did not work and taking a shower was a great mission as there is no water pressure in the bathroom or the kitchen. They promise Lavender scents and if that is the case, I saw that she uses downy simple pleasures with the lavender and vanilla. Other than that, there are many burnt out candles around the cabin and a lot of plug ins that had ran out and were dry. If you are thinking of going to this cabin contact me. I have stories! Whatever you do, DO NOT give her your credit card. I waited 5 days to see her face and she never showed up.

6  Thank famerb21
rustic, Owner at Rustic Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2008

I the " Owner " wanted to Address this Guests (Famer21 FL)bitter after taste of her 1 Full Weeks Stay(less 1 Night)! We strive to accommodate each and every Guests wants & dislikes during their stay with us, and have never came across such a a problem, that this Guest has Indicated with her stay. Upon her Arrival (which was 1 Day Early?) She had No kind of Problems, I met her at her Cabin to make sure all was well, and made quite sure that she was Unmistakably Satisfied with her Cabin, and Comfortable and She & Her Husband were! We even talked for a while. I told her that if she needed anything during her stay to Please contact me. She never called me not even once ( with any Sort Of Problems During 6 Full Nights!), until 6 Days later when she and her Husband decided they wanted to leave early and wanted an Full Refund of the Remaining Nights left for her stay. When I talked with her on the phone she NEVER made one mention of any Disgruntled Problems, or Disappointments, of any Kind with the Cabin, Nor at any point during her Stay, Only that she & her husband had made a long trek up Anna Ruby Falls and that they felt over Exerted and wanted to go home. I explained that I did not give Refunds, Which she Knew Full Well , which was sent along with her Confirmation, but I did understand the need to want to go home, but that all I could do for her was to GIVE her a Gift Certificate for the remaining night left of her stay. They both excepted that and went home. I did mail her the " Gift Certificate " as I promised I would,( I even gave her a 2 Night's Stay Gift Certificate) then her response to my Gesture was to Threaten Me and My Business by Email & Phone ( said she would do her BEST to RUIN ME) this is her Fowl Manner of Appreciation! She did ADMIT that they ENJOYED a Wonderful Stay, a Very Clean Cabin, And Enjoyed Her Daily Country Breakfast( Every Morning), Her Champagne Set-Up, And all the other Luxury Amenities they enjoyed as well. But she was still UPSET that I would not give her, the remaining 1 Night Refund! It Casts A Very Bad Shadow for the Hospitality People in the World who try to do an Honest Effort & Job to accommodate people like this, and I do understand that we have to take the Bad with the Good, But to " Shamelessly " Speak Untruths about People who go above and beyond reproach to accommodate and do their " BEST " for them is just Dispicable to say the least! I have gone over her profile on Tripadvisor and have Seen & Spoken to some of the places she had visited previously, and they also had problems with her, which is Sad as well. I want the people who read all these reviews to be Open Minded when you read these reviews and know there are still some people in this world who can still tell the truth! most people are still Kind Hearted and want to do what is right.
So To Famer21 please come back soon we would be happy to have you again.