“Call property before reservation”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hinesville

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Major mistake! When we arrived to the room we thought the smell was just from being closed and just needed for the air to be circulated but the a/c made it worse! We had to check out at 4:00am and sleep in our car because we both had headaches, red eyes and sore throat! We were offered another room which was just as bad with bugs! Definitely MOLD!!! We were told that nothing could be done until the manager arrived at 6.
After reading other reviews, I realized that this has been an issue for years and the GM has responded to the reviews so they are well aware of the issue. Maybe its time that someone takes action! Mold can be a serious health hazard and DHEC should and will be notified immediately!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My family was here for the weekend for our reunion. The location is good, there is a Wal-Mart Super market across where you can purchase foods to store in your room. We could walk to the park where our reunion picnic was held and there is a waffle house within walking distance. The buffet breakfast was okay and the cookies were good. Those were the good parts and now...the bad parts...

The hotel is very dated and not clean. I made the mistake of looking at the comforter and it was filthy. One day we didn't receive any towels and when I inquired about it at the front desk she questioned was I sure I just didn't miss housekeeping.

Also, the pool was broke the entire weekend and the elevator broke on Saturday. We checked out on Monday morning and the elevator was still broke.

Again, location was great but the hotel was horrible.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

While Country Inns and Suites has always been one of my favorite hotels when I'm traveling, the Country Inns and Suites in Hinesville, Georgia failed to meet the minimum standard of what I've come to expect from this brand during my travels. As we were checking in, the lady behind the counter told us that our carpets would be a little wet because they had just been cleaned that afternoon. I understand and appreciate the requirement to clean the carpets, but why not put us in another room with dry carpets. Sure enough, when we opened the door the musky smell of wet carpets accentuated with the heavy humidity of South Georgia greeted us. Nonetheless, we chalked it up as just an oversight by an inexperienced front desk person and decided to overlook the inconvenience of the odor and damp floor by putting the air conditioner on high to get the air moving and hopefully extract some of the humidity and odor coming from the carpets while we went to dinner. Upon our return, the carpets were still wet but thankfully some of the smell had dissipated and the humidity of the room had decreased. When my wife went to the bathroom to prepare for bed, she found no washcloths or hand towels. I went to the front desk and was told that they would bring both up to my room. After 40 minutes of waiting for the washcloths and hand towels, I went back to the front desk only to find that it was not manned. Upon my return to the room, my wife told me that I had just missed the lady as she brought 6 hand towels to the room and explained that there were no washcloths. I could not believe it. How could a hotel run out of washcloths? Surely, I thought, there had to be some sort of oversight by the night crew so I went back to the front desk the next morning and asked the day desk attendant for 3 washcloths. I was told that there were no washcloths available in the hotel. Other disappointments included our discovery of 6 long black hairs in the bathtub and black mold growing on the interior wall and ceiling above the shower. That night as I laid down to sleep on some of the thinnest pillows I've ever encountered, I happened to look up at the ceiling and noticed several cobwebs with accumulated balls of dust of varying lengths hanging from the ceiling. This hotel is time worn and in need of some rather extensive updating, but we could have dealt with those realities. Knowingly checking us into a room with wet carpets, no hand towels or washcloths, an unclean tub/shower, black mold on the wall and ceiling around the shower, the non-availability of washcloths throughout the hotel, and the cobwebs hanging from the ceiling are really inexcusable and not at all what I've come to expect from the brand of Country Inns and Suites. We're not picky people but this stay was a complete disappointment. Of note, the breakfast was good and well attended and all employees that we encountered were professionally accommodating and courteous. Which leads me to believe that the potential for excellence does exist but the training program at this property has fallen vastly short of its requirements to meet the standards one would typically associate with the Country Inns and Suites brand.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family