“Clean rooms , POOR SERVICE”

Sleep Inn & Suites Hiram
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hiram
Dallas, Georgia
“Clean rooms , POOR SERVICE”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Very unfriendly staff. Breakfast at 7:30am was all but nonexistent. When I asked if they was going to replenish, I was told "No. We are all out." I had better stays and better service from lower end motels than I got from here.
On the plus side, rooms where very clean.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Acksdad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ashford, Alabama
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I am at this hotel every week for business. They understand service and deliver it EVERY week. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank abeckham
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Thank you to the Sleep Inn & Suites in Hiram for an excellent stay and great customer service. During my stay I utilized the meeting room which is a very nice room for small functions. The staff was excellent. My visitors who have never experienced the Sleep Inn were very impressed as well. We had an excellent stay! The rooms were very comfortable and accommodating. Thank you Sleep Inn & Suites Hiram! We appreciate a great stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NASS2010
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 23 February 2010

My friend and I stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites while in the Atlanta area recently. We were last minute walk-in customers having found by calling that the Sleep Inn was very affordable for a one-night stay. We were treated with the utmost courtesy by Alicia at the front desk. The hotel is very conveniently located with multiple restaurants and a movie theater within easy walking distance. The room was very clean and we got a great night's sleep for not much money. A day after we had checked out and were on our way home (we live out of state), I realised I left some personal property in the room. I called and was advised that a manager would call me back as soon as they found the item I left. I was called the next day by Amanda the General Manager and, after a brief e-mail and phone correspondence to work out postage, she was able to send my item back to me. Throughout the process both the staff and management were helpful and very good about communicating with me.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MindtheSun
AmandaDixon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hiram, responded to this review, 15 March 2010
We greatly appreciate your decision to stay here with us at Sleep Inn & Suites of Hiram! We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to excel in every aspect of hospitality; customer service, room satisfaction, etc. The greatest compliment that we could receive would be your repeat business, as well as a guest referral. Again, thank you kindly for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites. We look forward to your continued business.
Atlanta, ga.
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Unfortunately, my reason for staying away from home at this local hotel was not a pleasant one. Due to the sudden and unexpected death of a long-time pet, I felt the need to get out of the house for a night or two in order to be in a different environment. So I can't comment based on the views of a "vacationer" or business traveler, but hopefully can still provide some useful comments, regardless.

The Hiram Sleep Inn opened in the Spring of 2009, so is as of this writing, the newest of the hotels in the immediate area. The location is convenient if you like national chain restaurants and retail stores, and it's next to a movie theater. It's still a hike to many of metro Atlanta's attractions when you factor in the traffic, though. A bit off the beaten path I would think, and the average $89-$109 prices for the rooms are slightly higher than I feel they should be for the offbeat location, considering you can get rooms as nice or nicer in other hotels miles closer to I-20. But I'm ahead of myself....

The lobby is small but nice, with a comfortable seating area with an "electric" fireplace and big screen tv. A breakfast area (sparsely stocked in the A.M. to be honest) is ahead, small business center, and small workout room with a couple of machines are around the corner. While the front desk help did their job, a new employee was working the night I checked in, and lacked both the communication and other skills to make things run smoothly when I later had a problem to be addressed. Kind of like a "deer in the headlights" reaction to a problem, of which I blame management for lack of good training rather than the employee. I won't write a book because I actually interacted with several employees over the course of a day, and they varied in experience, but I will say this - I wouldn't allow my employees to wear silk screened sweat shirts if they worked behind the front counter. Very unprofessional - although admittedly, the more experienced folks were at least friendly.

That aside, my room had a large jacuzzi tub, king bed, fridge, microwave, flat screen 720p tv, desk, and chair. Overall the room was clean, but I did find hairs on the bed's platform cover when I moved the mattress back, and there was a hair in the jacuzzi, as well as food crumbs inside the microwave on the heating dish. Not the end of the world, but housecleaning could have done better. The bathroom however was spotless, and the sheets and pillows were clean - hope you like VERY soft, fluffy pillows, though - 'cause you get 5 marshmallows for them on your bed (good for back sleepers, but not good for side sleepers). Free WiFi is offered and my laptop connected easily with a strong signal.

Unfortunately, someone with multiple children took the room above mine and due to excessive noise from them, I had to switch rooms. This was where the inexperienced employee showed the lack of training she received as she was terrified at the prospect of calling that room to ask them to calm down, so, eventually, I opted for another room instead. The new room was a jacuzzi room as well, but the bed was a queen size instead of king, and there was no reading chair as well - a smaller room, with no offer of a reduced rate. It was clean (no crumbs, etc), but when I turned on the jacuzzi, solid brown water came out from the faucet for several minutes before it cleared up (no doubt not a heavily used room). Note to housekeeping - run the water now and then to avoid this when you're not busy! Unfortunately, the wall heating unit also made a loud "crunching" noise, so sleep did not come easy.

Overall I have a mixed review of this Sleep Inn. Overall it was clean enough, basically while some were far too inexperienced, the staff was friendlier than I've seen in other places, and the location is decent to retail/eating establishments at least. Housecleaning could have done a bit bitter though (crumbs in microwave, a hair here and there, etc) and they really need to keep up with maintaining the heating/air units so they run quietly. Still, Sleep Inn is worlds better than the Country Inn and Suites in Hiram just up the road, which has taken a nose dive. For the price, you can get the same or perhaps slightly better just down the road on Highway 278 near I-20 however, but during busy season, I don't think you'll dislike your stay at Sleep Inn, so I still recommend it even with a hiccup or two.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank greg30127
We greatly appreciate your decision to stay here with us at Sleep Inn & Suites of Hiram! We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, minus the minor "hiccups" you experienced. We strive to excel in every aspect of hospitality; customer service, room satisfaction, etc. The greatest compliment that we could receive would be your repeat business, as well as a guest referral. Again, thank you kindly for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites. We look forward to your continued business.
ga
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I was in town for a family reunion and decided to try this hotel that just opened up by the movie theater. From start to finish I had a wonderful experience! The gentlemen at the front desk was very helpful and professional and my room was very spacious and well decorated. I enjoyed breakfast and their breakfast area is very clean. They have flat screen tv's and the business center was free! I recommend anyone who needs to stay in the hiram/douglasville area to try this hotel out. We really had a great time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swtnsxyalways
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiram
2.6 km away
14.8 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 12 in Douglasville

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Hiram? Share your experiences!