“Whole package is great!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This Hampton has it going on. Great location w beach access, rooms are spacious, clean and comfy. Pool, hot tub, kiddie pool and fire pit near the pool with benches. Bar and pub food window to order from the pool. Breakfast with plenty of seating. Friendly staff and they even offer complimentary shuttle service around the island if needed. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and are glad to say that we enjoyed our stay there. The room and bathroom was spacious (king size bed with a sitting area and outside balcony) and clean. It was nice having free wi-fi (many places we have stayed at charge for this) along with a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The grounds were well kept and the pool area was nicely furnished -- the fire pit was a nice addition. There is also courtesy transportation to anywhere on the island.
The only cons: water pressure in the shower is pretty cruddy and the shower door was quite loud (no taking quiet showers in the morning to not wake up spouse!). Pool area is nice but the size is on the small side - I could see it getting crowded in the summer.

Continental breakfast is average - assorted cereals, several different muffins along with bagel and english muffin, bowl of mixed fruit. The hot items were lacking --there were 4 warming containers with only 2 choices (we had cheese omelets and sausage one morning and cheese omelets and french toast sticks the next morning).

Just a note: Please be prepared for bugs. My husband and I were not prepared and we were fresh bait for the swarm of mosquitos we encountered on our walks through the woods and even on the beach (when there was not much of a breeze).

Room Tip: We stayed in room 435 which is located on the side of the hotel facing the public picnic area and pa...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melfc100
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Jekyll Island. This is one of the most charming Island with absolutely no Billboards, strip malls, etc. Owned by Georgia, it is a state park with beautiful beaches and lots to do off beach such as the Turtle Hospital and many historic places. The hotel is beautiful and all the staff we came in contact with could not have been more helpful as well as friendly. Great restaurants, the Grand at the Jekyll Club, Fins, Latitude 30 and many others.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank itscarolyns
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had the best room in the house, I think, #441, away from the pool and the kids and at the end of the hall on the top floor. The hotel provided a good selection of toiletries and thick towels. The king bed was comfortable and we had the option of a duvet or a blanket. We had a balcony with two chairs and a small table. There was enough room to leave two suitcases open and unpacked. There is a hotel shuttle to take you around the island as well as a bar and snack bar on site. The beach is a short walk on the boardwalk through the dunes. However, bring your own umbrella and chairs as none are provided by the hotel or anyone else. The hotel was sold out when we were there and the staff could not keep up with the breakfast demand and ran out of several food items. The only negatives I have are nothing to do with the hotel itself but rather with Jekyll Island. The "no-see-ums" were out in full force and made it very uncomfortable to sit outside anywhere. There are no breakfast alternatives on the island to those offered by the various hotels. We did not find any stores where we could buy our own food, just a store offering beer, soda and junk food. So, although we loved the hotel, I don't think we will stay on Jekyll Island again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank t42
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nice hotel with great pool area. There were a few problems. They did not have room that I had reserved 5 months earlier instead I received a less desirable room that happened to be handicapped. They did lower the rate by $20 but we had book this room for a week stay so needless to say we were not happy. Hotel was sold out and they seem to have difficulty handling large crowds. They would run out of towels at pool and had a hard time replacing them, put a few cookies out for guests but not near enough for a sold out hotel, one person working bar and food orders during happy hour, breakfast was very crowded and hard to move around. Hotel was quiet even though filled with kids and great walkway to the beach. All in all for the rate it was a decent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Missqueenie
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Full disclosure: we didn't stay here. My family lives nearby and we were riding bikes around the island when my daughter became ill and needed a little food and water. We ducked into the hotel and I handed over my credit card to pay for something from the little shop at the front desk. Turns out a brand-new policy meant I couldn't use my credit card and I had no cash. After hearing our situation, Lynn and Justin at the front desk jumped to our rescue with a little trail mix and a bottle of water for my child. They continued to check on her as we sat in the lobby for about 15 minutes. I'll be honest: I was upset because my child didn't feel well and the situation was a little rough. Huge kudos from this frequent traveler and Hilton Honors member for Lynn knowing the exact right thing to do to diffuse the situation and make everything right. If they were this kind to a non-guest, think how wonderful they must be to those staying in their hotel! Given the chance, my family and I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GeorgiaGirl40
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My best friend and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn on Jekyll Island for 3 nights. I had picked the hotel based on the excellent ratings on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and in one of the best locations on the island in my opinion. It was right across from the inner island bike trail which was a 10 minute ride to the historic district. A beautifully landscaped (and amazingly lit at night) boardwalk takes you through the trees to a pristine beach that had no more than 10 people on the whole stretch when we were there. The pool area was also beautiful with a full pool and hot tub as well as a fire pit, all open to 10 pm. We had brought a dog which led to the only problem we had. While I said we had a dog when we checked in, the woman at the desk forgot and put us on a floor that apparently no dogs were allowed. Later after complaints were received, we were told we needed to change rooms and they somewhat reluctantly agreed we did not have to move that night but that the dog could not be left alone for the rest of the trip. Luckily we were able to leave the dog at a friend's house in nearby Brunswick and we were able to keep our 4th floor room. So if you are bringing a dog, make sure to be very, very clear about it and be warned you will get the somewhat less private first floor and may be told you cannot leave the dog at all during your stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Its a great view and you can hear the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
14.4 km away
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island? Share your experiences!