All reviews room was clean would stay again staff was friendly nice stay waffles motel tv nc furniture cereal linens clerk pets
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here overnight, I know it’s an old hotel so I wasn’t expecting much, just a place for the kids and I to stop for the night. The front desk lady that checked us in was very nice. The room is very dated, the door had to be shoved/pulled to close, water wouldn’t stay in the shower no matter what you did. The breakfast was non existent. Choice Hotels offers a service that was less than sub par. Got to breakfast a bit before 7 to grab a quick bite and get on the road. I’ll let the pictures explain, we sat with our plates and watched people standing around the breakfast area waiting for food to come out. We’ve stayed at numerous Choice Hotels and this one ranks right down there with the worst.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Very friendly staff and clean room, no warm water in the morning, exhaust fan in bathroom has no on/off switch, its always ON and very loud at least in room number 200.
So I left the bathroom door closed, in the morning the bathroom was ice cold, the cold air was drawn from a crack under the bath top from the outside, the rest of the room temp. was set at heat 74F, (Winter outside temp. was at 38F).
Complaint to staff, they were very apologetic and issued a discount.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Foreignfoody
Reviewed February 15, 2018

going to Florida,we usually sleep at this exit, however the Rt 95 Hotel guidebook we picked up at rest area, was very misleading! It says that it is newly renovated. Not! We didn't see any updates, everything looks old and dated! The room we stayed in was not clean and the sheets and bedding was not up to their standard, shower was barely warm, no hot water!! And breakfast, we took one look and decided to go to a near by restaurant instead!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
gm_ga421, General Manager at Quality Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. Please accept our apology for failing to live up to your expectations. We are still in the middle of our renovations to make sure all our rooms are up to par and the guest experience is satisfactory.

Reviewed January 16, 2018

This hotel is clean, well located, serves a good breakfast, (cereal, juice, muffins,apples, sausage & eggs and has a waffle machine) and is very reasonably priced. I would stop in again on our way south.

Room Tip: choose a room facing away from the highway if road noise bothers you (I heard nothing!)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in awful condition. It is very close to I-95 and you can hear the semis all night long. The hotel is stuck in 1950. The room was dirty and the heat didn't work. It was a 39 degree night and all the unit did was blow out cold air! The shower curtain was loaded with mold all across the bottom. I didn't complain in the evening because the check in girl said it was the last king room. I complained in the morning and the ladies response was "Yes, I have notes on th that and you didn't want to change rooms". I said I hadn't complained to anyone so apparently someone else was having the same problem. They said there was nothing they could do and said they were sorry. I moved all my stuff in at 10pm and really didnt think I should have to move because their rooms were not up to company standards. Also, they only had doubles and I only wanted a king. My advice is FIND SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple