“Clean, comfortable, economical, makes sense”

Days Inn Lake Park/Valdosta
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Jacksonville, Florida
“Clean, comfortable, economical, makes sense”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I was going to stay at the Quality Inn down the street but after taking a spin through the parking lot down there and getting the general impression that it was a dump that was located next to a building under construction with lots of heavy equipment at full throttle, I decided to give the Days Inn a look. The exterior was well maintained and I had a coupon from the Room Saver magazine that saved me $15. The front desk clerk was cheerful and explained all of the charges and room location, as well as the specifics of the continental breakfast. The room was clean, although perhaps a bit "worn". The A/C unit worked very well and was fairly quiet. The bed sheets were clean and the mattress was quite comfy. The wireless internet was functioning with no problems and I had 5 bars on my reception meter. The towels were clean and fresh. The bathroom showed no signs of the previous guest. Everything in the room was arranged neatly. The carpet smelled fresh but could probably use a steam cleaning (not at all unusual for a hotel room, of course). I had a peaceful night's sleep and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning, although the dining room was very small and crowded with other guests who appeared satisfied with their stay at the Days Inn. Checkout was a breeze, and the clerk was cheerful even though I was rude and had to interupt her halfway through the process to take a phone call. Overall, it's not a NEW hotel, but it's clean and I was satisfied with the value for the price. I would stay there again, for sure.

Room Tip: My guess is there's not much difference...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kyle S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Excellent service and clean room. My mother and I pulled in at 3:30am after driving since 9pm on our way to Atlanta. We were exhausted but the friendly gentleman at the check in helped revive me with his pleasant conversation. Price was right with my AAA discount. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast wasn't bad, according to my mother, the coffee could have been stronger. I would have loved to have time to have a waffle, but had to settle for a bagel for the road since we were in a hurry.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at your motel on 11-18 / 11-19-2011 and were very pleased with the service we received. We arrived prior to check-in and Sharon with Guest Services had our room ready with no waiting to check in and have a room assigned as is the case with the majority of motels / hotels. The room was very clean, quiet and well maintained. Double beds were very comfortable. The room also included a microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom had an excellent shower head that was free flowing with a good spray pattern. We also enjoyed the well equipped Breakfast Room that offered an excellent variety of items that included waffles, pastries and other breakfast foods. We were also impressed with the beautiful landscaping around the property and how well it is maintained. Our compliments to Sharon and the entire staff for the 5 Star services they provide for their guests. We will plan to make reservations at the Lake Park Days Inn in the future when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Request a room that is away from traffic and on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband, son, and I stay here every time we go to the Jennings GP (motorcycle track). There is always plenty of room to park our truck and motorcycle trailer. They are pet friendly and their pet fee is very low, which is important since we don't leave our chihuahua at home. We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and our experience has always been perfect.

What is perfect???? Bathrooms, Beds, Carpets must be Very Clean, Fluffy pillows, Microwave, Refrigerator and Coffee Makers are clean, modern and fully functioning. The pool area and hotel landscaping are neat and tidy. The Staff greets you with a smile, eye contact and willing to offer information about the surrounding area. Walking distance to McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and many more.

This hotel also offers a deep discount to anyone attending TRACK DAYS at JENNINGS!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank littlebombs
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I recently took my family to Wild Adventures in Valdosta. We booked a room at the Days Inn based on the reviews we had read. Due to some unexpected delays we did not arrive until 1:00 am but everything was waiting for us. Check in was a breeze and the room was perfect. The location and the price made for a perfect weekend. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to go back in the fall.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank RoamingRobyn1959
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. I was pleasantly surprised, because clean is something that is very hard to find these days. The room even had a refrigerator and microwave in it and both of them were clean. I was also impressed that there were 4 sets of towels and washcloths in the bathroom. Most hotels these days only include 2 and you have to ask for more.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank braedensmom2009
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

The accommodations were great - especially given the price - and the service was even better.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
17.4 km away
Kinderlou Inn
Kinderlou Inn
#15 of 33 in Valdosta

Been to Days Inn Lake Park/Valdosta? Share your experiences!