“FILTHY!”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Hillsdale, Michigan
“FILTHY!”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Stained mattresses. Dirty bedding. Toilet moved from the floor! We were there 15 minutes! Management refused to refund my money! Lost $200!!!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank derbymomma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Columbia
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Where can I begin... Well The place was just remodeled and it is still dumpy! Very poor maintenance of the rooms, I had one light fixture hanging off the wall, both bulbs near the bed were out, the curtains wouldn't close all the way, it was noisy outside and there was no sound insulation. We got no money back for having to leave early (1:00 A.M) because our friends in the other room were being eaten by BED BUGS! I couldn't justify staying the rest of the night in this dump! You would think that with only fifty some rooms they might be able to actually clean the rooms, check for maintenance, and do things that a hotel should provide for the money you pay. Beyond the actual stay I had left my school ID in the room (it was clipping the curtains shut). and it took two and a half weeks for them to actually get the ID back to me in the mail, in which I had to pay for 44 cents of the postage!!! Really?!?! I have heard of hotels sending people's laptops to them for no charge to the customer! They kept telling me that my address was wrong and it kept coming back, but when we made her read the envelope it said returned for postage!!! That has nothing to do with the address!!! The manager had the gull to sass back at us saying that they know what they are doing, when we asked how much postage they were putting on it. So after paying $70.00 for the room, I had to waste my time and gas to go pay 44 cents at the post office! 44 cents!!! What a cheap hotel!!! They have no right to be running a hotel!!! You should know the laws of running a business to be able to run a hotel. I am very disappointed and will NEVER stay in a Days Inn Ever Again!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank puggydad
south carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2009

, A friend and I stayed at Days Inn, Lawrenceville for only a few hours. Why do you ask???.. BED BUGS!!!! In the middle of the night I saw out of the corner of my eye what I thought was something crawling. I did not want to believe it so I woke my friend , and sure enough YES !!!! there in our beds were BED BUGS!!!!!.
When we told the desk clerk about it, we were asked "where did they come from and when". We were then told we could not get out money back because the room was pre paid via the web site.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank veryunhappy2009
sc
Reviewed 1 November 2009

My friend and I tried to stay 1 night. around midnight she screamed that there was a bug in her bed.We got up and checked the beds and found 3 live crawling bed bugs which I caught in a cup and took them to the front desk which the clerk had the nerve to ask me where I got them from. Only response was no Im sorry just no refund allowed but offered me another room. H to the NO I dont want another room. Avoid this place like the palgue oh and we also ate dinner at Applebees down the street which was horrible. I am still itching...bugs or not Ive taken 3 showers so far. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank unhappy01234
Chicago
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Room was clean, with microwave and fridge. Water pressure in shower was excellent. It's located close to a busy road and gas station, so a bit loud at night. Motel manager was very friendly when we stopped in. Very reasonably priced. Not many hotels/motels in the area. Free wifi too.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
US
Reviewed 31 December 2006

All I have to say is one word.... CRAPPY!! My family left that night and went to the Best Western down the road. I also called Days Inn Corporate and complained that they really don't want a hotel like this using their name. It looks nice on the web, but when you get there you quickly see that it is more of a hourly rate motel for prostitutes and crack addicts. There were holes in the wall of the room that they wanted us to stay in. I will say it again, DON'T STAY HERE!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away from this place!!!
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank lottachops
Pageland, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2006

We made advance reservations here for the Thanksgiving Holiday, because we were going to visit Stone Mountain Park and I don't like being to close to Atlanta. The picture of this motel on the Days Inn web site is misleading, the front where the office is is nice, its the rooms in the back which are not. This motel is used by a lot of truckers & construction people not tourist.The room we were in was kinda old and worn. The breakfast was not very good and the person on duty was counting everything we got. Thank goodness the golden arches were next door.

• Stayed November 2005