“Typical Business Stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Marion, Iowa, United States
“Typical Business Stay”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The facility was very nice and located in a nice area. The front desk staff didn't seem as friendly or helpful as I'm accustom to at Hilton hotels. I even got a wake up call at 4:30 one morning instead of the schedule 5:30 and then they called back at 4:50 to question if that was right. Despite that the breakfast area & staff were very nice & it offered a large area indoors and out to eat or socialize. They had nice outdoor furniture very nice for relaxing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle H
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
We want to thank you for taking the time to share your stay at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville. It is only when we get fair, objective feedback from our guests that we can improve. It seems that most of your stay was pleasant but if you felt the front desk associates could have been friendlier then they certainly can. That has been addressed. Sorry for the mix up with your wake up calls.

We hope you can stay with us again soon, so you can see the high level of service we are known to deliver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tifton, Georgia
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The website for this hotel says: We have an Evening Reception Mon-Thur with assorted appetizers and beverages. We were there overnight on a Thursday, and when checking in at about 5 p.m., feeling a little hungry, I asked about this. The person at the front desk told me they only offered the reception on Tues. & Wed. So be aware that the Mon.-Thurs. is exclusive of Mon. & Thurs. I mentioned having seen this on the website, and he said, "oh, sorry about that'. Yes, I thought. Me too. They did have cookies, but I was wanting something more foodish, so we had an early dinner at Papi's which really, I would pass on, in favor of the Mellow Mushroom in the same shopping area not too far from the hotel. There is also a Kroger close to the hotel. The room is fine except that the sound from the next room is not well impeded. The poor guy's cough woke me up at 6. The fitness facility is small but in good order. The breakfast is above average.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank momelise
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write about your stay at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville. You are correct about the website and we have taken steps to have that information corrected. We apologize for any inconvienence this caused.

Hope you try us again in the near future.

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Hampton Inn in Lawrenceville is very nice, and meets the expectations for the brand. I very much enjoyed my stay here. The breakfast is very good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville. Our breakfast often gets great reviews.

Come back and see us soon.

thanks,
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The lobby was clean and attractive and the check in process was done efficiently. The lady behind the desk gave us directions to nearby restaurants. However, the halls smelled a bit stuffy and we made the mistake of accepting a room near the elevator. Several times in the night we were woken up by noisy people. Upon returning home I received an email from the manager asking if everything was ok. I described the conditions above and she credited me part of our room costs. I was very impressed with how seriously they took the 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy.

Room Tip: Request room away from elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lizzeyriley
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville. We do indeed take Customer Satisfaction seriously. We hope you come to visit us again and we'll try our best to get you a room away from the elevator!

Thanks again.
Panama City Beach
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hampton Inn in always provides a a clean room, good service, and great staff...and they didn't miss here in Lawrenceville. The room and hotel shows its age but you can look right past the small flaws. Breakfast was decent as expected. The only thing it lacked was a view.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jon S
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Hampton Inn Lawrenceville. We truly appreciate your insight. It is only with objective insight such as yours that we can improve.
Sorry about the view. Come back again and we'll see what we can do about that.

Thanks again.
Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I chose this hotel because of the name, I can expect a clean room and a great breakfast every time. I liked the corner sink/mirror in the bathroom, that was the best set-up with lighting and space I've seen in a long time. There was a hostess in the dining room at breakfast who was most welcoming and helpful. She made you feel like you'd returned home for your mother's homemade spread. There was one thing, though, my mom left her walkman under her pillow and forgot it. We called about an hour after we'd left the hotel and of course it could not be found. It seems as though I've read another review on tripadvisor.com where someone left an object behind and never saw it again, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's just that the eternal optimist in me thought they'd say "why, yes, we have it right here." Even though this happened, I'll still book my next hotel stay at a Hampton Inn if possible. The name to me means a clean room/bathroom and a great breakfast!
If you use a GPS device to arrive at this particular hotel, watch closely to the right after you get off of Route 316, our device told us to go left, we should have gone right. We could have seen the hotel if we'd just looked to the right.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GramyTnUSA
Minnesota
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Nice hotel, nothing overly special - except for the breakfast. Really crisp bacon! And plenty of it.

The hotel is tucked away near a strip mall. Quiet location. Quiet hotel. The room is average, somewhat updated. Newer carpet in the room. Comfortable bed and pillows. The bathroom was a little on the smaller size, but certainly enough room for one person. 40" LCD TV, with limited channel selection.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business