“Disappointing meal”

Audrey's Restaurant Cafe
Price range: US$15 - US$38
Description: Audrey's restaurant is about making you feel at home! Today our chefs Marco Jager and George nouri are cooking delicious tapas also your Favourite old time classic dishes from the south and north of Europe to the hub of the Middle East The dishes are well balanced and full of flavour. We advise you to have 2 or 3 tapas plates each Also we would like you to trust our trained staff who will take you
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My evening meal was horrible and I couldn't finish it. It was a couple of slices of lamb on top of veges with a sauce of some description and a couple of prunes chucked in and called Moroccan Lamb.Used to be good quality but I think they should stick to pizzas ( which are good ) and coffee.The waitress was great (Jazz?) and very helpful.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Audrey's reminds me of food the way that Mum used to cook. Great choice on menu and the prices are very reasonable

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had a dinner date on Valentine’s Day and chose options off the Valentine’s Day set menu.

Atmosphere: my first impression was that it was not very romantic at all. Especially for a special Valentine’s Day “event” menu they especially created and advertised. The waiters did give roses to the patrons which was nice however nothing else really eluded to the romantic Valentine’s Day theme.

Menu: quite limited options and no vegetarian or vegan alternatives were available on the menu. (Chicken, lamb and fish) There were a choice of 3 entrees, 3 mains and 2 desserts. They were about 17-18 dollars for entrees, 32-34 dollars for mains and 12-15 bucks for dessert.
Honestly i thought that was super expensive for what it was... it’s a cafe-restaurant, not a high-end/gastronomic restaurant and the prices were similar unfortunately the quality of the food didn’t follow.

Food quality: entrees were good overall( I tried all three). The prawn was yummy but a bit heavy and presentation wasn’t ideal. The pork belly was yummy but it was cold. The asparagus/prosciutto was good but a bit too salty. HOWEVER the mains were such a disappointment. I had the battered cod with honey mustard. The fish was dry and the batter around it was sinking into a honey mustard sauce (making quite mushy) that did not ask to be in that dish. The combination of flavours just wasn’t right. The other dish we ordered was the lamb with mashed potatoes.. the mashed potatoes weren’t too bad but the lamb and vegetables tasted funny. The lamb sauce was good but the meat was tough and not cooked appropriately. For 34+ dollars per main, I’d expect the food to be pretty bloody good but it really tasted like average pub food.

Service: the food came pretty quickly which was a plus. The waiter and waitress were really nice. And when I expressed my complaints to the waiter, he very professionally and kindly handled it by offering me other options and of course not making me pay for the dish I was not happy with.

Overall thoughts: great professionalism from the waiters, very disappointing food, OVERPRICED,limited options. Would probably not come back nor recommend.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We have ben to Audrey's many times, for lunch and dinner. The food is great and the service is always good. George is such a sweetie and his waiters are all superb.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went there for lunch. I had fettuccine carbonara and my husband had fettuccine boscaiola. The food was beautiful. A generous serving, piping hot and presented beautifully.

The staff are very attentive and friendly. There is seating both inside and out.