“Varied experince”

Cuisines: American
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Reviewed July 8, 2018

If you have eaten at any Cracker Barrel you know the menu. But this one varies in the experience from time to time. Last time I was there was great and I had especially good service. The time before the service was so so and they came and asked me what I wanted to substitute for dressing. I ordered Turkey and Dressing at 6:45 pm on the day where Turkey and Dressing was the special. They were out of dressing and mashed potatoes. What food you get is usually pretty good.

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Passing through to Athens, we stopped on a Friday 7. Got overdone eggs, burnt Mac and cheese, and an entirely wrong order covered in gravy. Hubs had to wait another 15 mins for his meat to be recooked. I had to ask twice for my missing side. Tried to get a decaf coffee and it literally was so light and tasted like water. Asked for a regular to go after drinking none of the other and was told I would have to pay for another cup. The manager on duty was aware, as he brought out hubs’ meal, of all our troubles and did nothing. This was an awful experience. We will not return.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Traveling and stopped in for supper. I gave it a “2” because the food was just ok. The sweet tea is good as are the baked apples. It is in walking distance from the Quality Inn

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Not much to say; Cracker Barrel staff are always friendly and courteous. Our service was excellent; the food hit the spot. It is still good to know that this chain of restaurants/stores maintains its standards wherever we go.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018

My wife and I ate twice at the CB, once for dinner on Friday evening and for breakfast on Monday morning. The service on both occasions was mediocre at best. Friday the restaurant was almost full, so the average service was understandable. On Monday, we arrived about 0930 after returning a rental car, and
the restaurant was almost empty, so the service SHOULD have been much faster. The waitress disappeared for long periods and left us on our own. The food on both occasions was only fair at best. The breakfast orders were obviously reheated leftovers from the busier time.

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!