“Great seafood entrees.”
Review of Zama

Zama
Ranked #155 of 799 Restaurants in Marietta
Reviewed February 4, 2018

My husband and I have been here twice. Both times we were pleased with the food, atmosphere and service. On our last visit I ordered shrimp tacos and my husband had the seafood burrito. My tacos were very tasty and filling. My husband enjoyed his burrito also. We had a scratch off card from our first visit so we had a free queso and chips. Very yummy! We will be back!

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

We went on a Saturday evening so expected to wait. Place was crowded and loud. Didn't mind the 20 minute wait as we wanted to try this place. Staff was friendly and efficient. Good margaritas and the food tasted good and presented well. I had the small Texan chicken and steak fajita nachos which was very good--just wish they didn't skimp so much on the chicken and steak. The chicken and potato soup had a great flavor but didn't see any chicken in it. Churro dessert was delicious!

Reviewed January 13, 2018

We had heard that Zama, a new arrival to East Cobb, had great food. Judging from the crowd waiting to get in on this cold winter evening you would think so.

We didn't have margaritas but we ordered carnitas, chicken tacos and a salad, also cheese dip with jalapeños. The service was fine even with the crowd. The food took awhile to get to us but again....crowd. It was really loud in the restaurant, so loud it was tough to hear the live music. The prices were what you would expect....not too high.

So the food.....we thought we had picked safe dishes. The carnitas were SO DRY and flavorless. I always feel like that's the acid test for a Mexican restaurant, usually the problem is the meat is fatty....so a new problem but rendered it mostly inedible. The chicken in the tacos was so salty (and I like salty stuff) that the tacos weren't so great either. The salad.....well, it's tough to kill a salad. The cheese dip had so many jalapeños, I guess some would like that. I didn't.

So, will we go back? I like to think maybe we just were there on a bad night.....I don't know but there are so many places to get Mexican food around here....I doubt we'll be back.

Reviewed January 11, 2018

My husband and I are very fond of this place. We stick to the traditional Mexican items in the menu (huaraches, tostadas, tortas and sopes) as they are a good value and quite close to traditional Mexican fare. Margaritas are good, just make sure to ask for premium liquor and a bit less of ice :).
The place is nicely decorated, servers are wonderful and flexible. Friends and family also liked the place for food and ambiance. Highly recomended and hope quality of food stays consistent.

Been to Zama? Share your experiences!