“Superb Colombian Cuisine!”

La Carreta Hispanic Grocery & Taqueria
Ranked #27 of 799 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Colombian
Description: Near Whole Foods and the Big Chicken on Roswell Road, Marietta, Georgia.
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Our son drove down from Charlotte to celebrate his birthday with family. His choice of restaurants was Los .Carreras. We began with a shared appetizer of Tostones Guacamole, which is always enjoyed. One of our party chose the 3 Tacos Combo, one chose two a la carte tacos - Asada and Pastor. Another had an order of Enchiladas. I chose Ajiaco for the first time. Our son ordered Bandeja Paisa, as he always does. Three juice drinks were ordered and we finished with a shared order of Flan - which is always delicious. Everything was enjoyed. We all chose well.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

Last night we experienced our second visit to La Carretta for dinner with friends. My only regret is that we waited so long to visit this great eatery. The food was incredible on both visits. The authentic approach to Latin cooking is truly perfect. Do not think of this as a Mexican restaurant. The menu certainly has a great selection of Mexican dishes, however, behind the scenes the influence of Columbian cooking resonates in the flavor and exceptional ingredients for each dish. The attention to detail here is clearly driven by a family commitment to good food that is above and beyond any of the chain styled dining for Mexican. The portions are more than generous. We started with hand crafted Margarita's. No sugary sweet mix here. Fresh lime juice and Agave with your choice of favorite Tequila. Fantastic! We followed up with freshly made guac and their home made salsa. Don't mis the Habanero home made hot sauce if your a heat lover. Our selections were as followed. Pollo Quesadilla, the chicken was tender and the cheese and veggies inside were cooked to perfection. Our friend gave it Five Stars! Her husband settled on the Bandeja Paisa. A traditional Columbian meal loaded with a selection of grilled meats with Rice, Beans, fried egg and arepa. Unbelievable how large a portion this was. Certainly a go box was in order. Our friend stated the meal was incredible. Flavors, quality etc exceeded his expectations. My wife decided on the Camarones, sautéed shrimp with a diablo sauce. Shrimp were overflowing the plate, cooked to perfection. This is now her go to dish at La Carreta. Finally, I went with Churasco. A NY strip cooked perfectly in the Columbia style. Tender, juicy and perfect portion. The pistachio chimichurri takes the dish to a new level. Please make sure you ask for an extra dish of the chimichurri. In closing, I have to highlight how great our server Christian' was. This young man knows the menu and being Columbian will help you navigate your dining selection. He is attentive and loves what he does. I hope you get the opportunity to step out of the box and enjoy this great Latin experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

This was our first visit and it didn't disappoint. We started with the Queso Dip con Chips o Maduros for the table, then our son and daughter-in-law had pork quesadilla and Tilapia Empanizada o al Ajillo. My husband and I split Pork belly, Colombia sausage, steak, chicken, morcilla & tostones plate. More than enough for two. Everyone agreed that all was delicious. But the real highlight was our server. He couldn't have been more agreeable and attentive with a great big smile. We don't live in the area but would be a regular if we did.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We stopped for lunch and ordered tortas which are sandwiches Mexican style. Avocado, shredded meat or pork and all the fixes. What a great sandwich!

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We tried LaCarreta last night for the first time. My sister had been there before and raved about it, and she was right. We started with an excellent house margarita with their spicy salt mixture. The plantains and guacamole were surprisingly good. I tried the shrimp with diablo sauce and loved it. I was warned that it might be too spicy, but it was perfect. It came with fairly plain white rice, and excellent black beans and Mexican coleslaw. I enjoyed every bite! The service was good, and the restaurant was not noisy. The prices were good too. We will definitely go back. The sooner the better!