“Nice Building and Location but Service Lacked Attention to Detail” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stanley House Inn

Stanley House Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
Joshua Tree, CA
“Nice Building and Location but Service Lacked Attention to Detail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

I stayed at the Stanley House Inn with my spouse in late April 2011. The B&B is nicely located to access the historic downtown of Marietta (a flat walk of 3-4 blocks). Our room, the Buckhead, was well appointed, clean and large. We paid $130/night. During our visit, the downstairs of the Inn was set up to display wedding possibilities. The Inn's owner told us that the mainstay of the Inn is weddings and that she had had three couples come to the Inn that day to plan their weddings. The downside of this is that if you wanted to hang out in a common room and read or visit (which I can see as part of the charm of staying in a historic building), there was no place to do it downstairs. There were two other couples staying at the Inn and we were all told in advance that breakfast would be at 9am. We were the second couple to arrive downstairs just before 9am. The third couple arrived less than five minutes later (a minute or two after 9am). The owner served the first two couples with coffee and individually cooked omelets (which were cooked to order and served one at a time). The third couple had to wait for any service until the first four people were served and effectively done with breakfast (roughly 930am). I understand that it takes time to individually cook omelets, but I was quite surprised there wasn't a pot of coffee on the table or serving plates so the third couple could at least sip coffee and nibble on the communal plate of toast while the first four people were having their breakfast. We have stayed at many B&Bs all around the country and the breakfast portion of the Stanley House Inn was the least polished in our experience. The up side is that the Inn is ideally located for visiting the historic downtown, which is well worth visiting.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dmarieJoshuaTree_CA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

My new bride and I stayed here for the second night of our marriage (the first being in corporate lodging).

We could not have asked for better. We called a little late for a reservation (around 7 or so) and the owners were EXTREMELY polite and gracious. After pulling into the small parking area behind the B&B, we were ushered to our beautiful (if slightly on the small side) room with a king sized bed.

The room was nicely decorated, and felt like home. The bed was extremely comfortable, with soft sheets and pillows.

Breakfast the next morning was served boarding-house style - several of us guests were seated and served at one table. Again, the owners and staff were very informal and polite, and took the time to talk to us about house and their experience there.

We were EXTREMELY happy with our stay, and would definitely stay there when in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

My friend was getting married at the Stanley House so my sisters and I decided to stay at the inn. We arrived late in the evening and were shown to our room the minute we arrived. We were all excited with the elegance and beauty of the room, including the huge king size bed. We went on our bride's night out and came back to a toasty room and comfy bed. We also fell in love with the breakfasts that were fixed for us. It had the elegance of a Victorian house and the comfort of staying in your own home.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Stockbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

The Stanley House was the first B & B that my husband and I have ever stayed in. The owners, Ll oyd and Kathy (hope I spelled their names correctly) are very friendly and make you feel right at home. The bed was so very comfortable and the sheets felt like velvet. I woke the next morning to a breakfast in the dinningroom of : cheese grits, eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, a huge biscuit , homemade cinnamon roll, apple juice and a most awsome cup of coffee. We where within walking distance of the Marietta square with its many shops and fine dinning.Being there the last friday of the month we enjoyed the first free outdoor concert of the season. Would I recommend the Stanley House? Very Much So!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

I recently spent 2.5 weeks at the Stanley House. I was not looking forward to this trip, and did not want to spend that much time trapped in a sterile hotel room. I found the Stanley House on the Internet and it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.
Meg's breakfasts are to die for and it is really fun eating breakfast with the other guests. It is also fun hanging out on the terrace sipping wine and talking with everyone.
I felt like I was staying with family members. Everyone is so warm and so friendly and you just feel like you are at home.
Whether you need a long-term place to stay, or just want to get away for the weekend, or want a special event venue, I highly recommend the Stanley House. It is a hidden gem just off the historic Marietta Square.
Nancy, Paris, France

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

We decided on the stanley house for our wedding and reception, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Everything from the planning to the event was an absolute breeze. The hosts and staff are tremendous, the food was too die for and the service was exceptional!!!! All of our friends and guests gave us raving reviews and I think we may be back for a friends wedding soon! The cake and flowers were perfect, the photographer did an awesome job and we cant say enough great things about this beautiful historic house! Everything was PERFECT!

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank wojtasfl
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

Being the Mother of the Groom I had not seen The Stanley House until the day before my son's Wedding when the Mother of the Bride and I drove out to deliver favors. We were greeted by the Owners (delightful people) and assured everything was coming together nicely. Upon our arrival the next afternoon for the Reception, I was amazed! It was Perfect!!! The Stanley house and gardens are so beautiful. The Owners were Great making sure everyone was comfortable and that the festivities were enjoyed by all our guests. We couldn't have asked for a more Perfect Day.

If you are looking for a beautiful venue for your Wedding Reception or just want to get away to a gorgeous quiet Bed & Breakfast Inn, The Stanley House should be at the top of your list.

• Stayed November 2009