“Hometown Elegance”

Ranked #1 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hometown Elegance”
Reviewed 6 December 2010

My friend was getting married at the Stanley House so my sisters and I decided to stay at the inn. We arrived late in the evening and were shown to our room the minute we arrived. We were all excited with the elegance and beauty of the room, including the huge king size bed. We went on our bride's night out and came back to a toasty room and comfy bed. We also fell in love with the breakfasts that were fixed for us. It had the elegance of a Victorian house and the comfort of staying in your own home.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2010

The Stanley House was the first B & B that my husband and I have ever stayed in. The owners, Ll oyd and Kathy (hope I spelled their names correctly) are very friendly and make you feel right at home. The bed was so very comfortable and the sheets felt like velvet. I woke the next morning to a breakfast in the dinningroom of : cheese grits, eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, a huge biscuit , homemade cinnamon roll, apple juice and a most awsome cup of coffee. We where within walking distance of the Marietta square with its many shops and fine dinning.Being there the last friday of the month we enjoyed the first free outdoor concert of the season. Would I recommend the Stanley House? Very Much So!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Paris
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I recently spent 2.5 weeks at the Stanley House. I was not looking forward to this trip, and did not want to spend that much time trapped in a sterile hotel room. I found the Stanley House on the Internet and it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.
Meg's breakfasts are to die for and it is really fun eating breakfast with the other guests. It is also fun hanging out on the terrace sipping wine and talking with everyone.
I felt like I was staying with family members. Everyone is so warm and so friendly and you just feel like you are at home.
Whether you need a long-term place to stay, or just want to get away for the weekend, or want a special event venue, I highly recommend the Stanley House. It is a hidden gem just off the historic Marietta Square.
Nancy, Paris, France

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We decided on the stanley house for our wedding and reception, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Everything from the planning to the event was an absolute breeze. The hosts and staff are tremendous, the food was too die for and the service was exceptional!!!! All of our friends and guests gave us raving reviews and I think we may be back for a friends wedding soon! The cake and flowers were perfect, the photographer did an awesome job and we cant say enough great things about this beautiful historic house! Everything was PERFECT!

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank wojtasfl
Savannah, GA
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Being the Mother of the Groom I had not seen The Stanley House until the day before my son's Wedding when the Mother of the Bride and I drove out to deliver favors. We were greeted by the Owners (delightful people) and assured everything was coming together nicely. Upon our arrival the next afternoon for the Reception, I was amazed! It was Perfect!!! The Stanley house and gardens are so beautiful. The Owners were Great making sure everyone was comfortable and that the festivities were enjoyed by all our guests. We couldn't have asked for a more Perfect Day.

If you are looking for a beautiful venue for your Wedding Reception or just want to get away to a gorgeous quiet Bed & Breakfast Inn, The Stanley House should be at the top of your list.

• Stayed November 2009
Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I visited a OPEN HOUSE at the Stanley House on a Saturday.
Greeted by a lady name Cindy greeted me who was very nice. She spent alot of time giving me alot of event options and ideas over coffee. I took a history tour of the property. The B&B was spotless later fthat week I faxed a contract back and paid my deposit over the phone. My dress arrived a week before my wedding and hung in the Savannah room awaiting my arrival on my big day. The cake was Martha Stewart design with fresh flowers. We did a champayne toast. i got my wedding pics on a CD and selected the ones i liked for my photo album. We spent the night in the Savannah room and had morning coffee and danish with my family and friends. I couldnt have asked for a better day in my life! I have good memories! Thanks so much for my personalized wedding day.

Stayed April 2008
cartersville
Reviewed 7 July 2007

We came to the Stanley House because we wanted the atmosphere of the Victorian Era. We certainly got it in this breathtaking mansion. The Stanley house is located in Marietta, GA , a suburb of Atlanta, and is full of fine dining and antique shops. You just walk to the square. The Inn is decorated beautifully and was very clean. The Innkeepers were professional and friendly. The breakfast was good. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — the furnishings and the house itself
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)