“Our new favorite Thai restaurant in Atlanta.”

Royal Bistro Thai Asian Fusion
Ranked #42 of 301 Restaurants in Norcross
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Description: Royal Bistro (formerly known as Royal Thai Cuisine) is an Asian Fusion Restaurant. We offer unique Thai dishes as well as distinctive American sandwiches. The harmony between taste, atmosphere and attentive service provided in our newly designed contemporary dining area is a delightful experience. Better yet, we save the best for last, our own exclusive signature homemade bakery selections will make you revisit us sooner than you think!
Reviewed May 20, 2017

We've actually been here several times now as a family and I've brought folks here for business as well. So far, we've had nothing that wasn't fantastic. As a family, we eat vegetarian, so mostly tofu - but all of the curries are great and there is an excellent selection. My business partners both had chicken dishes and were also very pleased. It is a really good selection for a business lunch.

This being said, I've mostly been with my wife and son. If you order Thai Hot, you will get Thai Hot, so be prepared. But it is a good taste, not over the top if you can handle home cooked level temperatures. My favorite is the Roasted Chili curry with rice. The Panang is a bit different, it is soupy with a lot of gravy, but is now my favorite panang. Mix the rice in and you will love it.

The next best thing is the crepe layered cake dessert. It is made in house. It has always been fresh. It is unique - not too sweet and rather light - but in my opinion a multi-person desert. It also holds up well as a take home.

But the best thing is the service. This is a mom and pop shop. After just a few visits - they know us. The hostess is personable and charming and will remember you when you come back. This is what keeps us coming back. She always remembers is and I've noticed most of the people coming in seem to be repeat customers, who are also remembered.

One other thing, they seem to be fine with making you order based you your preferences.

I would recommend this place.

Reviewed April 17, 2017

Royal Bistro has excellent, somewhat higher end, Thai food than most Thai restaurants in the area. My son and I had Lava Noodles (with chicken and shrimp) and Fire Calamari, both of which were quite spicy (as denoted by the names) but delicious. The servings were huge, with lots of leftovers to take home. I believe it is the best Thai restaurant in the area and we intend to return.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Went here to celebrate our one year trip to Thailand. We really enjoyed the meal and the service. Wine we chose was not to our taste but with food was ok. Mango Chicken was excellent, as well as, the Basil Rolls. Basil Fried Rice was just average, but good. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

A neighborhood gem. I was in town for the weekend and decided to have Thai food. I'm so glad I chose Royal Bistro. The staff and food was excellent. The 20 layer crepe cake is a MUST. I'll definitely dine there again when in the area.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

We've eaten at Royal Bistro several times now and we will most certainly be returning.
This is a family owned and operated Asian ( dare I say Fusion) restaurant located in the Norcross area of Atlanta. It's a place only locals know about because while not off the beaten path, you do have to want to got there.
That said, the trip is sooo well worth it.
In a town like Atlanta, there are plenty of Asian delights to choose from but this place is special.
You are greeted by the matriarch--a kindly and talkative senior woman who makes most of the specialty sauces.
The place is deceptive in that at first blush it looks tiny but there is room to spare. Nicely appointed decor sets off a soothing ambiance.
But it's about the food and the food is spectacular.
On my first visit I had soft shell crab, one of my favorite fried seafoods. Theirs tasted fresh and crispy without being oily. It came with a delightful coconut sauce on the side and jasmine rice. The rice was so good I think I ate it all. The crab was plentiful.
My second visit I had the snapper. It too was fresh, crispy and came with coconut sauce on the side and of course--jasmine rice.
Our appetizer was calamari, which was done to perfection and again, plentiful.
My wife also had the ginger lover chicken, which was very Thai like with curry sauce over bell peppers, fresh ginger, green onions in a brown sauce.
I'm thinking my next visit we may just order 3 or 4 appetizers and one entree' to round out the field, probably the duck.
Can't remember if they serve liquor but they have nice wine and a selection of Asian beers.
This is a place you will return to and one that you will want to impress your friends with.

Been to Royal Bistro Thai Asian Fusion? Share your experiences!