“Great Food, Great Service, Just don't use a groupon deal.”

Zapata Tacos and Tequila Bar
Ranked #8 of 301 Restaurants in Norcross
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: If you're looking for authentic Mexican fare and premium hand-crafted agave-based cocktails then look no further than our Mexican restaurant! We serve up delicious and authentic options for lunch and dinner daily as well as feature the best agave-based cocktails around. Our original Mexican cocktails are made with the freshest ingredients and we feature an exceptional selection of tequila, mezcal and other agave distilled spirits. Stop in and see us today for tacos, tequila and more!
Reviewed May 24, 2017

My husband and I went to Zapata for lunch on a Saturday and had planned on using our groupon deal since they only offer the dinner menu on Saturdays. We arrived around 12:30 and when we told our waiter about our groupon he said we could only use it for dinner, even though they were only serving from the dinner menu. I was a little disappointed, but we were there and decided to give it a try.

We ordered the Queso Morelos for an appetizer, ENCHILADAS de MOLE, and Al Pastor taco dinner and a couple of beers. The queso morelos was amazing. I've never had anything like this and will try now to recreate it in my house it was sooo good. The mole was ok (my husband is from Mexico and loves Mole), and the tacos were great. The beer was cold. Our waiter was attentive.

I even ordered a spicy mezcal margarita that was amazing.

The only thing that is holding me off from giving this place 5 stars, is that 15 minutes after we arrived another couple came in wanting to use the groupon and the staff let them. There needs to be some consistency with this. It's bad business to tell one guest no and another yes. And if you are serving the dinner menu then you should be prepared to let guests use a dinner certificate. They were not busy when we arrived, nor when we left.

I would return, just not to use a groupon deal.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Great food!! The margaritas were some of the best I've ever tasted!! The waiter Oscar was very helpful, he made sure we choose the some of the best foods off the menu. We will be back!!

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Came for lunch on a quiet Sunday. They only had dinner menus to select from despite the website showing a distinctly different lunch menu. With only two tables occupied, they seated a family with two children under 2 directly beside us. The children took turns having meltdowns. Had we had a bit of space around us that would not have been so bad.

But more disappointing was the food. The Crepas Pablanas was supposed to be: "Three house-made crepes filled with shredded chicken covered in our poblano pepper cream salsa and melted white cheddar cheese ". . In reality it was one lump of boiled chicken shreds with absolutely no flavor whatsoever, covered a tasteless green paste.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

Just finished a stellar Cinqo de Mayo celebration dinner at Zapata Tacos and Tequila Bar in historic Norcross, GA. The catchy phrase was on the T-shirts that all the staff wore for the occasion.

For a California girl who finds herself in a metro Atlanta neighborhood on Cinqo de Mayo, I couldn't have asked for more. They were prepared. Wall-to-wall patrons didn't the dim the smiles of efficient staff service. Our dinner came out quickly, hot and over-the-top flavorful. And what's Cinqo de Mayo without Margarita's? The kind that are icy cold, with a smooth, yet robust taste. OMG! and, the place was packed! Can you imagine what they would do on a normal week day or weekend? You don't have to...I've been there, done that and will do it again and again. Urge you to drop into Zapata Tacos and Tequila Bar if you find yourself in the north metro, beautiful downtown historic Norcross and unable to go to Mexico. This is the next best bet.

1  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Cute, casual restaurant with delicious Mexican food. Went with family and they welcomed the 2 year old. All had good food but I did the best with the pablano chicken crepe, unusual and delicious. My son also enjoyed his chicken soup, full of veggies and chicken. This is my second visit and will surely return.