“Good food with passing trains.”
Review of Norcross Station Cafe - CLOSED

Norcross Station Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$7
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Good food and good service. Food is a little pricy but very good.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I like my shrimp any way but fried, but not here! Their take on low country or Calabash style fried shrimp is amazing! Plump and lightly breaded. Last night I was there early. You know, when other restaurants put out the baby back ribs made from anorexic pigs. Not here. My full rack was almost as wide as it was long, and it extended over the oblong plate. The meat was grilled to perfection, and the bbq sauce nicely accented its flavor. I recommend the Low Country shrimp as an appetizer, then make way for the ribs! Be sure to try the apple cranberry side. It's unbeatable and doubles as a dessert entree. Train lovers will want to be there at 5:30 when the Iron Horse rumbles through, mere feet from the dining room, which rattles in response.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I had the blackened chicken at this restaurant and it was excellent. The Cajun spices were tasty and the meat tasted fresh. The service was very good.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

This is a great place to eat. Southern food, good service, and a great atmosphere in an old train station. Occasionally the trains go by and rattle the place. Especially nice to go here in December when it's decked out for Christmas.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER at a restaurant. I was maid of honor for my best friend's wedding and she had booked the porch for her rehearsal dinner months in advanced. When all the guests arrived, we were told that we were booked for the back room, which she explicitly said she didn't want. As we were discussing the issue with the host, the owner barged in and in a very rude manner said "do you want to speak to an 18 year old kid [the host] or the owner." We were all in shock by how rudely he was talking to us, particularly since they clearly were the ones who messed up our reservation. We proceeded to explain the situation. He then said that we just had to live with the back room, with no apology. I then explained that we had a problem. He then completely lost it, going off saying well I can certainly make sure you have a big problem, your choice it the back room or you can leave. We were all absolutely stunned. This was a rehearsal dinner for a wedding, with a ton of planning, guests who flew in from out of town (myself coming from Boston) and the owner couldn't simply apologize for messing up our reservations and handling the situation with dignity. Mistakes happen, but the owner's short temper and rude disposition made for a terrible experience. This guy certainly picked the wrong profession!

6  Thank Mary B