“Beautiful Restaurant”

Happy Valley {Dim Sum & Asian Cuisine}
Ranked #29 of 301 Restaurants in Norcross
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Description: Happy Valley Dim Sum and Asian Cuisine first opened its door in 1997 serving ever faithful and growing patrons on Buford Highway. We eventually settled into a bigger restaurant space of 10,000 square feet in 2008 at Jimmy Carter Blvd. With a team of dedicated chef and staff, our business has expanded to catering like weddings, parties and corporate functions. Our menu spread is handpicked by the popularity of dish from various Asia countries e.g Hong Kong Dim Sum, Peking Duck, Hunan Beef, Szechuan Spicy Tofu, Thai Basil Chicken and many more!
Reviewed May 7, 2017

There was an event going on the evening we ate here. Everything was beautiful! I can see why there are so many wedding receptions held here.

The waiter had a difficult time explaining the menu and answering questions. I got the Happy Family and asked for the brown sauce on the side. At first, he thought I said brown rice. Then, he said I could not get it on the side which was fine. It was typical Chinese food served with white rice. It was good, but nothing special. A nice addition to the plate was a small carnation nestled in a bed of shredded lettuce.

We stopped over in Norcross on our way to Alabama. I probably would not eat here again if I were back in the area.

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband is Chinese and has been going to Happy Valley for decades. He says the food is reminiscent of home cooking. Food his grandma used to cook when he was a boy. It is Cantonese style chinese food. He loves dim sum there. I, on the other hand, am a vegetarian. Although I can only eat a few this is there, I have grown to love the place. The staff listens to my vegetarian needs and makes sure that there's no oyster sauce etc. in the dishes they've prepared for me. My favorite dishes there are salt and pepper tofu, and eggplant with garlic sauce. I also like their pan fried noodles with vegetables. I have grown to love the place!

1  Thank larue_99
Reviewed January 17, 2017

My husband and I went to Happy Valley for the first time tonight and it was a wonderful experience from the time we walked in, until the minute we left. The food was excellent and our waiter, Yeh Yeh, made our night! He was so attentive, shared many stories with us, and imparted his wisdom on tea. We went for an early dinner and there was no one else in the restaurant but us at the time and I was so happy to get a chance to know him and to learn from him. It made this dinner experience somewhat of a mini-vacation and both my husband and I left there with full hearts, full stomachs, left overs, and many smiles. Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 6, 2017

We went on Monday evening to see what it was like since we live fairly close. There was a large family with several children. The children were given their own table and behaved beautifully. We ordered off the Combination Dinner menu to see how the restaurant stacked up against other local Chinese restaurants.
We each ordered different soups and we pleased with the taste. Each combo comes with a spring roll and a chicken wing plus rice. The appetizers came late and it was obvious that they were cooked then and not something that had sat around and had to be reheated. It was worth waiting. They brought out the entrees 1st and the presentation was pretty with shaved carrot mound and a real carnation flower on the plate. The food was plentiful for a combo plate.
We had 2 waiters who made sure we had everything we needed and explained that the Dim Sum was served on weekends. We were invited to come back later in the month for the celebration at New Years when they would have entertainment and everyone danced around the restaurant.
They have several dinner menus. The Combination Dinner menu, their normal menu, chiefly for Westerners and another for Asians. We want to try the Asian menu when we go back. There were some things that look interesting.

Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

This place is fancy for nothing. The worst dim sum place I have ever had! Service was HORRIBLE! Will be making this one off my bucket list and never go back!