“Snooty front desk staff for below average Hilton” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Atlanta Northeast

Hilton Atlanta Northeast
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Knoxville
“Snooty front desk staff for below average Hilton”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We were driving back from Port Canaveral after a wonderful cruise. We had to make a detour so we decided to stop at this Hilton.

We usually stay at the Marriott right around the corner because of it's indoor pool but because it looks cool and a slightly lower price, we decide to give this a try.

We check in and I ask if Hilton Hhonors members receive free Internet. The desk clerk says very snootily, "Gold and Diamond, you have to build up a little more." Well!

Anyway, the room is on the fifth floor and we step into a time warp. This hotel obviously needs serious updating. The room is like a scene from the nineties. I am exhausted, but my husband takes my dd to the pool and he says that although it was a nice temperature, one could tell it was very old.

Throughout the night there were squeals and giggles in the hallway right outside our door. I'd like to think it was some teenagers and not the wedding or retirement parties that were also booked at the hotel.

Check out was fine and we were on our way in the morning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nathaniel713, Front Office Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback as we take great pride in exceeding the expectations of each our guests. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate the opportunity to reach out to you. At Hilton, it is our goal to maintain a high level of quality and guest satisfaction, and our commitment to you is excellent service. Despite your experience, I can assure you that we are dedicated to the highest level of guest satisfaction. I truly hope you would give us the opportunity to show that we can not only meet, but exceed your expectations on a future stay.
You have our every assurance that we take any feedback regarding our hotel very seriously and will ensure this matter is addressed with the management of the hotel. We do value your business and patronage and look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I recently stayed at that Hilton in Norcorss for Business. After a long flight i was hoping for a quite room, however i was put in room 1030, right behind the elevators and all you could hear was the evaluator going up and down! I have stayed at the hotel a few times and the rooms around the evaluators are very noisy, they are by the drinks and ice machines which hum all night as well!! I asked to be moved the next day and the staff took care of the request quickly and with no fuss. The 10th floor is the executive floor, however there is no difference in room types, on the 10th you get the executive lounge but thats about it!

The gym is very small but has 2 treadmills, a bike, cross trainer and a few weights. They say they can take you to a local gym for free, but i didn't try it.

The overall hotels appearance seems a bit dated and need or some TLC, but has everything you expect from the Hilton range.

Tip - Drivers can take you out to local bars and resturants during the evening, and pick you up both at no charge!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate any opportunity to reach out to our valued guests and are here to help in any way we can. We are very sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced at Hilton Atlanta Northeast during your recent stay. We strive to make your visits at our hotel as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. You have our every assurance that we take any feedback regarding our hotel very seriously and will ensure this matter is addressed with the management of the hotel. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of assistance in your future travel plans.
Davenport, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I liked the hotel, great amenities. I stayed on the executive floor. Service was great there. Rooms are clean and well laid out. Good location. The one thing that did bother me consistently was that the front desk staff never made eye contact or greeted anyone as they entered. I stayed here twice over 2 months and it was the same both times. Other staff were friendly, not sure why the front desk wasn't.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank N C
ATL, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Nice hotel just a bit difficult to get to if you're not familiar with the area. The sleeping room was comfortable, bed slept well - just didn't have a fridge or microwave if we'd wanted to bring snacks. We had the breakfast in the restaurant, it was okay.

Room Tip: Once you've figured out where you are, there is a Target and Publix grocery store nearby.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights starting on 2/7/12 for a business training. The staff was extremely accommodating and professional. There however were a lot of problems during my stay which should not have occurred:

1) When I made the reservation through American Express, I explained that I needed a refrigerator due to HEALTH reasons. I called the hotel directly a week before my stay to remind them of this AND I called the morning of my arrival date and I was assured that there would be a refrigerator in the room. Well, when I arrived there was no fridge in the room and I had to wait for them to bring one up.
2) The TV did not work. They sent an engineer to the room who fixed the problem. They recently upgraded to HD and I was explained by the engineer that not all of the TVs worked.
3) One night when I arrived back to the hotel, my key did not work. They brought me another one.
4) The printer in the guest business office did not work correctly. They allowed me to use a printer up front and in the employee business office.

I want to clearly state that the staff IMMEDIATELY and effectively addressed all of these problems. I however believe that it is due to ineffective management that allowed these problems to occur in the first place. The hotel management needs to be on top of things and be sure that everything is working and assure that requests due to health reasons are implemented.

Having said that, the room was fine and I would consider staying there again if I return to that location. The room was only $105 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nathaniel713, Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
We appreciate any opportunity to reach out to our valued guests and are here to help in any way we can. We are very sorry for your unfortunate experience at Hilton Atlanta Northeast during your stay on February 7. We strive to make your visits at our hotel as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. You have our every assurance that we take any feedback regarding our hotel very seriously and will ensure this matter is addressed with the management of the hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of assistance in your future travel plans.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

First let me say, I have stayed at this property for many years, at least 20 times. Every year this property looks more tired, often showing substantial signs of wear. For a "full service" Hilton property this one needs some investments pumped in. The room I had this last time was horrible and not in line with my expectations....bathroom was not clean (I do not enjoy finding other people's hairs), wall paper was peeling from the walls and the bath fixtures were old. Breakfast is one size fits all.....you want a Continental....too bad. If you are a bowl of cereal and yogurt type person.....it comes at a grand-slam breakfast price. The location and the size of the property leaves it with great potential but it needs some TLC and the staff needs to be more attentive to the needs of the business traveler. For less money....I'll take the Hampton Inn right around the corner.....it provides greater value.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and had our car stolen from the parking lot. Manager was nice but when we asked if the shuttle could take us to pick up a rental car, we were told we could pay $70 for a taxi. I looked up this area tonight and found out the crime rate in Norcross is very high!! I would never stay here again. And they have no cameras in the parking lot.

• Stayed January 2012