“"PLEASE BELIEVE THE REVIEWS! IT'S GOTTEN WORSE! NOTHING'S CHANGED EXCEPT FOR THE PRICES!"”

Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

It's been years since we've stepped foot on this property. We arrived last night only to find a small flat screen that I can barely watch, 10 channels, no cookware, people talking loud, two guys were staring at me from the balcony last night as I was walking to Family Dollar and asked if I wanted to smoke green with them, which I politely ignored them, one woman was cussing and screaming so loud she sounds like a screeching cat! Lol! As I was walking back to the room, a random yelled to grab my attention and again, I politely ignored him as well. The good thing is, it took me six minutes to go back and forth to the store, so that's not bad at all. But all of the dishes were taken from the kitchenette area, I'm surprised and VERY SUPRISED that the iron and ironing board are still here, because people do steal items like these. Even the t.v.s! We are in the very front of building A. Please be aware of the late night lurkers, even the day lurkers as well. The bathrooms are quite small and there's no tub! Wifi is BLAH! My husband and I have Chromecast and we can't watch any movies, because their wifi is so complicated, ugh! If you get a room here, get one close to the front. Because the middle and back areas are definitely a BIG NO-NO! I've reviewed this place years ago and it has really gone downhill. I hope that they will make all of the necessary improvements and changes here! Even the sheets were making us itchy! More security protection would definitely cut down on the crazy things that goes on here! That's all I have for now! If I come across something else, I will let you guys know. And the prices are ridiculous!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Joycelyn W

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Don't make a reservation. Not clean. Very noisy and waste of money. You can't get refund back. Not suitable to stay for a week. Barely for one day. The smell is horrible. You have to get your own plates, cups, pots, and utensils. It's not worthy it.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Nasty. Walked in and turned around and walked out. Stained carpets, bedding, mildewed and moldy showers. Hair everywhere. There is no way I would've touched anything in this room with my bare skin. The outside of this hotel is beyond deceiving.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank MNCole
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I stayed at this location for about 3 weeks for work travel while here in the Norcross/Duluth area. I've been to this property before in the past and since the rates were ok, my company booked. Beware this property is taken over by people that seem to run it. I was checked into room 185 and when I tell you the person next to me (which I think was a young lady) must smoke from sun up to sun down. All day in and out traffic, I wasn't sure if she was the drug girl or a call girl with everyone that came in and out of that room. There are also other very young girls that walk this property all day and night. Even to the point were one asked me about a DATE. The young lady in the front office believe her name is Yolanda (can't remember for sure) she's very professional. But WOW for some of the rest. This property no longer gives out the basic items such as toilet paper, towels, soap and etc. You have to walk to a Family Dollar store and get what you need. Oh wait the Lanundry Room is a joke as the coke machine was broke the entire time, people on drugs were hanging out in there and even one night some kids seemed to be having sexual activities. Since we had committed to this location for the entire time I had no choice but to stay. when I would come in around 6pm or so, I would quickly go to my room and not come out. Between the person smoking all night, loud noise and door slamming it was hard to rest. I would not suggest this location off Jimmy Carter in Norcross to anyone. Stay away or you will be checked into drug dealers, street walkers, crack heads and other unwanted people.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank lsmith652016
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Finally a manager worth a damn!!! I just want to say the new lady manager is wonderful The property is still old and worn out, but at least the new manager is taking action. I have been here a few months and I am finally getting my room cleaned regularly and maintenance issues are resolved. She listens to the guests and actually CALLS YOU BACK. I think her name is Darlene......shes just what this property needs.

Room Tip: building A is the best kept
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kent P
Reviewed 17 May 2016

This was my first and last stay at this facility. The good points were that the air conditioner worked, the shower has great water pressure, and it was a short walk to either McDonald's or Waffle House for breakfast. The room was run-down and the furniture had missing handles. No closet only open shelving. Even though it was advertised as having a kitchenette, there were no utensils, plates, pans, glasses etc.that you could use to take advantage of it. There were unpatched holes in the walls and exposed wiring where the bathroom light fixture was installed and which was an obvious replacement for a previous one. Even though the room was non-smoking and was between other non-smoking rooms, there was a strong odor of smoke and tobacco that came into the room. The linens and towels were threadbare. My companion's room had mold. The grounds and stairwells had trash laying around. I stayed because all the other hotels were I would normally stay were sold out. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank John P
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Thank you very much for sharing your notes about your visit to Crossland Studios- Atlanta- Jimmy Carter Blvd. We appreciate all feedback and work hard to be sure all our guests take positive memories with them after staying at our properties. I'm sorry for your experience in Crossland- Atlanta- Jimmy Carter Blvd. We are working hard to update our rooms to ensure our guests have a comfortable and pleasant experience. We will make sure to address your concerns with the property management team to ensure future guest satisfaction. We would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly. Please submit your experience https://www.crosslandstudios.com/contact-us.htm and we will address your concerns with our GM. Should you need further assistance, please contact the property at (770) 446-9245 or 3514-GM@whgextstay.com.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

I was very upset with one of the staff. Her name was Ginnie. I had two unpleasant encounters with her during my stay. First, she walked by the room when we had our door cracked and she told us we could not have it open with people lying on the bed (fully clothed and not inappropriate at all). We told her ok then she rolled her eyes and walked away. I came into contact with her again when I went to check out. We booked the room for two nights because we knew we would want to sleep past the 11:00 AM check out time. When I got to the counter and told her I wanted to check out she said, " Did no one tell you check out was at 11:00", in a very rude tone and looked at me like I was a incompetent teenager. I politely smiled at her and told her that I was aware and that I had booked the room for two nights. She said " Oh, so you are checking out early", instead of apologizing for assuming the wrong thing. Her customer service skills need some major work and she needs to realize that even young people are her customers and they deserve the same respect as anyone else. I was very displeased with her, and I hope that this type of service is not accepted at all your establishments.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank kimberleylee0627
Reshard A, Front Office Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Hello Kimberly,
We truly apologize for bad experience you had with our associate during your stay! We will address the issues with that associate to insure that this will not happen again. We really appreciate your feed back. Hopeful we can have you back as a guest to give us a chance to make thing right

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norcross
1.7 km away
Rodeway Inn Norcross
#19 of 37 in Norcross
20 km away
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawr...
#10 of 11 in Lawrenceville
19.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville
3.7 km away
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross

Been to Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.

Address: 6295 Jimmy Carter Blvd, Norcross, GA 30071-2313 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.)
Region: United States > Georgia > Norcross
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Price Range: $50 - $56 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. Our hotel is conveniently located near the Norcross Plaza Shopping Center and many different restaurants. We are just 12 miles away from Stone Mountain Park and 20 miles from downtown Atlanta. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd Hotel Norcross