All reviews cracker barrel counter top convenient location thin walls business trip room was clean king suite only stayed one night hotel property adjoining rooms front desk staff great room jimmy carter blvd few months wonderful stay ice machine would definitely stay here again
Reviewed October 21, 2018

My expectant wife and I were gifted a complimentary stay certificate at this Marriott Location in celebration of our wedding and honeymoon. I called the phone number (770)242-7172 (which is the location's direct phone number) that was provided on the complimentary certificate on Thursday Oct, 18, 2018 from Louisiana. I booked the Sunday Oct 21, 2018 stay using the only option available on the automated phone system labeled "Book a Reservation" (option 1). My expectant wife and I drive 8.5 hours from Lafayette, Louisiana and arrive at this Marriott location with the gifted certificate in hand. I show the gifted certificate to the hospitality agent (Angela Minor) at the front desk. She goes to speak to her manager and comes back stating that the certificate cannot be used because the reservation was booked with corporate reservations and not booked through a front desk personal at the location and that my expectant wife and I would have to pay for the reservation in order to stay there according to the manager. I then ask the famous question of any disgruntled/exhausted customer "Can I speak to your manager?" She politely states yes, and summons the foundation of this Managerial Nightmare. Please loyal trip advisor readers, hold on to your seats because the climax of this story is coming. The Assistant Operations Manager Brianna J. Jones-Allen arrives without any expression on her face. I share what was just shared with me that the complimentary stay certificate provided and verified by their General Manager (Frank James) via signature on the gifted stay certificate is not valid on this stay because of the process the room was booked through, even though, the certificate clearly states that "Advanced reservations are necessary to utilize this certificate, and should be made by calling me directly at (770)242-7172." Assistant Operations Manager Brianna J. Jones-Allen which I shall refer to as MN (Managerial Nightmare) stated that even though I contacted the phone number stated on the certificate, AND the phone number is (verified by her) the direct line to the location she would not honor the certificate because the booking was not processed correctly in her system. I then stated that I just drove 8.5 hours with my pregnant wife who is ready to get to her room to put her feet up and due to a processing issue within the Marriott automated phone system attached to the location's phone number my expectant wife and I would now have to pay $100+ for our stay? She said "I understand your frustration, but Yes." I then asked, "So you are penalizing me as a Marriott customer because of an operating issue within your system and will not honor the certificate because of the way it was processed in your system by Marriott Corporate Reservations?" She stated another simple Yes. I then asked her "So you will not make an exception for the situation at hand?" She then said No, because even though I dialed the direct location's phone number and the call was sent to corporate reservations she would not honor the certificate because the reservation was not processed by an employee at her location. I then asked her, "Are you a robot or a human being?" MN replied with no answer. I assumed the answer was a Robot. She then said she would not be able to book a room because there was no availability. I asked, "If there is no availability how do I have a reservation and your parking lot is no where near capacity?" She then repeated the reservation is not processed correctly and I'd have to pay to stay. My expectant wife then walked up and asked MN could she cancel the reservation which would open up an available room and then book the room utilizing the complimentary certificate? MN replied with "Well, the reservation must be booked in advanced 24-48 hours using the certificate, but I will see." She then walks behind the wall, walks back, and begins typing loudly on her computer. After 5 minutes she states she processed the reservation and next time we need to make sure we speak with someone directly at her location. I then ask her "So did you cancel the reservation that was processed wrong?" She replied.... GET READY... "No, I modified your current reservation to be honored using the certificate." My emotions are running away with me as I'm typing this. MN LITERALLY DID WHAT SHE SAID WAS NOT POSSIBLE AFTER THIS LONG MARATHON OF A DISCUSSION IN 5 MINUTES WHICH IS WHAT SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE FROM THE BEGINNING IF SHE HAD PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING AND PRACTICAL COMMON SENSE/HUMAN SOCIAL AWARENESS! The story is not over. My expectant wife and I now grab our bags frustrated and now mentally exhausted and head to our room. We get there and it sounds like a waterfall. We look in the bathroom and find that the toilet water is running and after flushing it 3 times it would not stop. Unfortunately, my wife and I begin to argue because she does not want to deal with MN again! At this point our wedding/honeymoon celebration is ruined by MN a Marriott employee. After compromising, we return to the front counter to deal with MN AGAIN to get another room. MN gives us another room. I hope you've enjoyed this horrible display of management at this location. My wife and I will NEVER return and for anyone who thinks of doing business here, I suggest steer clear. The customer has no rights at this location. I own a Real Estate Investment company and was going to use Marriott for traveling for my 10 employees and myself, but now I'm sorry my loyalty is with Hilton. As the owner of a company, I value customer service unlike the unprofessionalism I experienced here. Angela Minor the initial front desk hospitality agent later apologized for the terrible experience I had with her manager. If you are smart you would give Angela Minor, MN's position. The document of the certificate and the dated call log of the number that was called on Thursday Oct 18, 2018 is in the images attached to this review.
Have a nice day.

DePaul Foxworth
President/CEO
Foxworth Holdings LLC

Room tip: Steer Clear! The management is terrible!
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Takira D, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85 and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Norcross.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped on way thru area. Close to interstate. Very clean, modern, comfortable and affordable. Starbucks and light meals available onsite, otherwise not close to other services. Staff friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Stay was really nice. Even it was close to the highway it was very quite as we had rooms facing the pool. We had a King Suite which was really big.

But if you are on vacation and try to sleep a little longer, avoid room 224. It is next to the cleaning staff room and they hit the door every morning from 7.45 to 8.30 about every 30 seconds. The doors do make so much noise when closing!

Pool is very nice. Hotel is clean. But friendliness of hotel-staff could improve quite a lot.

Room tip: rooms to the pool are very quiete
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night. Our room was clean no complaints. Bed was soft. Pool is nice and they have towels at the pool. They don’t have breakfast. There is a restaurant you can purchase food. Nice area with cracked barrel, Mcdonalds and The Varsity near.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

When Checking in, was told they didn’t have room I reserved. Due to being late in the evening, had to accept lesser room at same price. When I booked online, I payed more for included breakfast. I should have checked the fine print because the breakfast was only for 1 person. I never have seen where breakfast would be based on less than how many were booked for the room. Would not recommend this hotel in both instances the receptionist was totally apathetic.

Date of stay: August 2018