“Economical & Enjoyable”

Garden Plaza Atlanta / Norcross
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife discovered this hotel a few years ago while attending a conference with a therapist friend. Since then, we've been here twice together over the past year and a half. Sure the place is a little dated, but it's clean and the beds are comfortable. I never had a bad night's sleep there. You can pay more and go elsewhere for all the amenities, but this is hotel offered us a room for almost half the rate the other hotels charged. The staff is always friendly, and service is top notch.

What could they improve? Breakfast isn't great, but there's an IHOP nearby. Don't expect a gazillion channels on a flat screen television. They do offer WiFi in the room, but for some reason it was real slow this past weekend. The business office was closed that weekend. I didn't have any pressing reason to get online, so I only used it as much as I had to.

There's shopping and good eating in the area. The Hotel is up 141/ Peachtree Industrial Blvd - not too far from the perimeter (I-285). My wife had a conference at another hotel about 10 miles away. That Hotel charged $100.+ per night. We like Garden Plaza and didn't want to pay the difference.

There are some drawbacks, but this is a clean, safe place to lay your head. No, it's not the Waldorf, but it's all I really need. It could use some improving, but my wife and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel his weekend and if I say so myself it was not bad... The room was nice and cozy and the service was great... Yes the hotel needs to be upgraded but for the price it was a good deal... We loved our stay at the Garden Plaza Hotel and if I must say the service that we received was much better then some of these upscale places...

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Raykeyah
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is in a good location, but has seen better days. We never felt unsafe going to our car. Our room was spacious, but had strong bleach smell when we entered. Also, we requested non-smoking, and there was a definite smoky smell as well. The lobby leaked to the point they had buckets sitting around to catch the rain. Our bed was comfortable, with nice linens. The biggest complaint would be the WiFi was painfully slow!

Room Tip: Don't bother with the continental breakfast, not worth it in my opinion.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eeyore45
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I stayed here for four days on business.

The rooms are old, but just about get by, although I spent most of my time out, day and night.

The hotel is NOT full service - so there's no bar, no restaurant and no hot breakfast, just a coffee machine, cereal and fruit.

I wouldn’t risk the pool either, I've seen cleaner looking swamps.

Friendly staff, very helpful and it's cheap, let's not forget it's really cheap!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Although most of the staff is helpful, if you're not on a tight budget, go elsewhere. The hotel is former Holiday Inn, and has seen better days. The carpets are old and spotted, and the elevator is iffy. Some floors are not available for guests.

Once you get in the room, as long as you have a room with a clean carpet, you'll get a good night's sleep. The breakfast is sparse, but there's a Starbuck's and I-Hop two - three blocks away. You definitely need a car if you're going to stay there more than one night.

The hotel is minutes from the highway. So, location-wise, it's good. If the owners put a little money in the hotel, it would be worth the stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingLawyer2011
Reviewed 3 August 2010

1. hard to locate ...... trees covers the old sign
2. tried to put us in a old mildewed room at first
3. Wasnt enough electrical outlets in the room
4.electrical outlets were extremely loose and everything we pluggged in fell out
5.refrigerator was extrmely out of date
6. Now to the sleep portion:
a.) couldnt get a good night rest the sheets were itchy
B.) Pillows smelled really bad
C.) Air conditioner didnt work room was extremely hot
7.) Pool was horrible....Green in color and dirty at the bottom
8.) No wheelchairs for the handicapped if your handicapped your just out of luck
9.) It smelled funny from the first time we entered the hotel
10.) Had to pay for doctor visit and cortizone shots when i got back home

I laugh at how this hotel manged to obtain 3 possible stars its overrated if you ask me, coming from personal experience this hotel deserves 1/2 star and NEEDS to be shut down. if you are looking for a hotel in the area i advise you to look across the street at the hilton after we stayed there one night we were contemplating leaving the hotel to go to the hilton. DO NOT LOOK AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!! WORD TO THE WISE DO NOT LOOK AT THIS HOTEL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR CAR MAY BE BETTER PLACE FOR SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank BlCKbEAY
Reviewed 10 July 2009

You get what you pay for and for this particular Hotel, you get more..
its a little dated, but clean, and the staff is wonderful!
Not like the stuffed shirts at the ____________.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business