“No major complaints....”

Garden Plaza Atlanta / Norcross
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Only stayed one night but it was very nice. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. The only problem was the location on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. The traffic was horrible in the in the morning but I guess that comes with the territory in Atlanta. Wasn't far from restaurants though.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Not a single functioning ice machine in the entire hotel - 1st day poor breakfast, 2nd day - no breakfast, toilet in room getting stuck, jaccuzzi out of order, space heaters sitting around breakfast area, peeling wall paper - poorly maintained hotel, could be nice if properly managed & fixed up. Was going to spend 5 nights, checked out after the 2nd.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank plculiNC
Reviewed 6 January 2012

initially an Holiday's inn, this renamed hotel has kept the category that made the class reputation of the prior owner.
Spacy bedroom with art deco wall light and as-cristal bedroom light on the side. triangular disposition that make unusual these rooms and bathrooms . Nice furniture and very great queen bed.
First error is when you go to the pool.... the water is cold and the spa is in maintenance.... disappointed when you 've chosen this hotel for that....
Super breakfast as it's a surprise : a buffet with quantity and quality... but the second error came with the cold temperature of the restaurant.... so sad as this restaurant is , one more time, very spacy and luxuous, with Tiffany lights and copper every where.

A great deal for $48 and I suppose that errors 'ld be erased in a reasonnable dalay to make this hotel, simply great !!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife discovered this hotel a few years ago while attending a conference with a therapist friend. Since then, we've been here twice together over the past year and a half. Sure the place is a little dated, but it's clean and the beds are comfortable. I never had a bad night's sleep there. You can pay more and go elsewhere for all the amenities, but this is hotel offered us a room for almost half the rate the other hotels charged. The staff is always friendly, and service is top notch.

What could they improve? Breakfast isn't great, but there's an IHOP nearby. Don't expect a gazillion channels on a flat screen television. They do offer WiFi in the room, but for some reason it was real slow this past weekend. The business office was closed that weekend. I didn't have any pressing reason to get online, so I only used it as much as I had to.

There's shopping and good eating in the area. The Hotel is up 141/ Peachtree Industrial Blvd - not too far from the perimeter (I-285). My wife had a conference at another hotel about 10 miles away. That Hotel charged $100.+ per night. We like Garden Plaza and didn't want to pay the difference.

There are some drawbacks, but this is a clean, safe place to lay your head. No, it's not the Waldorf, but it's all I really need. It could use some improving, but my wife and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel his weekend and if I say so myself it was not bad... The room was nice and cozy and the service was great... Yes the hotel needs to be upgraded but for the price it was a good deal... We loved our stay at the Garden Plaza Hotel and if I must say the service that we received was much better then some of these upscale places...

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Raykeyah
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is in a good location, but has seen better days. We never felt unsafe going to our car. Our room was spacious, but had strong bleach smell when we entered. Also, we requested non-smoking, and there was a definite smoky smell as well. The lobby leaked to the point they had buckets sitting around to catch the rain. Our bed was comfortable, with nice linens. The biggest complaint would be the WiFi was painfully slow!

Room Tip: Don't bother with the continental breakfast, not worth it in my opinion.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eeyore45
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I stayed here for four days on business.

The rooms are old, but just about get by, although I spent most of my time out, day and night.

The hotel is NOT full service - so there's no bar, no restaurant and no hot breakfast, just a coffee machine, cereal and fruit.

I wouldn’t risk the pool either, I've seen cleaner looking swamps.

Friendly staff, very helpful and it's cheap, let's not forget it's really cheap!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business