US$100
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$88
US$75
Country Inn
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$94
US$89
Priceline
US$98
US$93
Fairfield Inn
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn(Fairburn)(Great Value!)
US$97
Garden Inn(Union City)
US$78
Priceline
US$48
All reviewsthe main housefarmhouse restaurantfarm to tableguest housefarm houseserene settinghorseback ridingscreened porchliving roomwedding guestshiking trailsshort drivewonderful weekendfarm tourbreakfast was includedrent a golf cartmagnolia cottage
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We visited Serenbe looking for a new place for weekend getaways, beyond our usual Barnsley Gardens, a B&B in Thomasville, or the Ritz Reynolds Plantation. After visiting the cute but deserted "downtown", we parked to check out the Inn. I had trouble finding the front desk so accidentally ended up in the guests only area, but it was deserted. When we finally found the front desk employees, we were greeted and told them we were down from Atlanta. I asked to see a room, and after a long pause, the employee replied in a condescending tone "We don't DO that". And what an outrageous request it was. Shame on me. She then said "You can see the rooms on the Internet". Really?? The Internet?? We drove 1.5 hours to check out the Inn, thank you very much. You mean I can view over-staged, professionally lighted rooms taken with fish-eye lenses that distort the room size? Gee thanks. Why didn't she just say "I'm so sorry, we're all booked up today", if she didn't want to bother?

And they were so busy....there wasn't another guest in sight, and the parking lot was empty. It was also midweek in the early afternoon.

Rooms run about $250 plus taxes, and Serenbe seems to be exclusively a wedding venue. A lady in the downtown said they were booked with weddings for the next 2 years. It would be a gorgeous wedding venue, but let's hope the service is better than I experienced.

So I didn't actually spend the night here. And I won't be.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Gatraveler-7
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is one of my new favorite places. It is so close to Atlanta, but miles away in terms of relaxation, peace and quiet, and somehow luxury thrown in. The setting is idyllic, with farm animals pastured throughout the property. The "town center" is quaint yet sophisticated. This is a lovely place to relax, walk, and enjoy good food at either The Hil or Farmhouse. We stayed in the Mimosa Cottage which allows dogs. The exterior is very rustic, however, the interior is spacious, light, white, and super comfortable. The king size beds were delightful and covered with nice white linens. This cottage has a serviceable kitchen, small bath, but tons of space as there are both front and an enclosed back porch. A fireplace with gas starter and supplied wood adds the finishing touch. The included breakfast served at the Farmhouse was delightful. A small buffet and a served hot dish along with juice and coffee. Our french toast with apples and pecans, along with the best bacon ever was great. I highly recommend a stay here. The staff is friendly and so are the animals! We had our own goat come to visit us on the front porch. This is a true gem.

1  Thank ndestin
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Not sure what some of the previous reviewers were expecting- I live North of Atlanta and first read about Serenbe in Cottage Living. After looking at their website, my daughter & I went down one weekend for the Southern Chef Series. We brought our own bikes & immersed ourselves in the whole experience. We weren't expecting someone to wait on us hand & foot. We wanted the "getaway" that we thought Serenbe would provide. It is wonderful- amazing structures, gardens, stables, trails, shops- it reminds me of Seaside only more rustic, self sustaining & laid back. We stayed at the Inn & it is wonderfully furnished and the beds were more comfortable than our own. The restaurant is wonderful & the large common area is great- you just can't be shy & expect someone to come lead you around by the hand. You're supposed to explore & take the time to find things on your own. The food was amazing & the whole idea of Serenbe is worth going to check out & observe. You can't just go there, glance around & think you've seen it all. You need to stay a couple of days. Talk to the shop owners. Eat the food from their organic garden. Have a drink by the bonfire. Hang out in the barn. Swim in the pool. Enjoy being in the middle of nowhere. That's the point. I'm going back for New Years Eve with my boyfriend. Looking forward to it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vicki w
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We've stayed at Serenbe Inn six times now over the past few years and it has easily become our favorite overnight escape from Atlanta. Located only an hour from our home in Atlanta but feels like a world away. We always go on a Thursday night to take advantage of the special "City Escape" rate. They have other special deals but Thursday seems to work best for us. While the property has a variety of accommodations available from cabins to lake houses spread over several acres we tend to stay in the main farmhouse. The renovated farmhouse is a wonderful old place with 7-8 large rooms each with it's own bathroom. We love the old furniture and unique decor in each room and throughout the house.

Thursday through Sunday they have a small bar with 2 for 1 happy hour from 4pm til 6pm. At 4pm they have a "tea" setup for guests which usually includes pickled okra, crackers and cheese, iced tea and lemonade. During warm weather my wife and I always start out taking a walking tour of the property...first stop is the gardens where veggies served at dinner each evening in the farm house restaurant are harvested...next is a visit to the farm animals (located well away from the house). Sometimes we play croquet or swim in the pool. One thing we never miss is finding a comfortable spot around a table and playing a game or two of our favorite card game pitch. A high point is dinner in the farmhouse restaurant which I can say has always been a beautifully presented and delicious meal with friendly and accommodating service. We often meet people who drive down from Atlanta just to have dinner here. Sometimes we bring our own beer and wine since this is allowed...we just keep it in the common area fridge. But since the small bar has opened we are finding that happy hour here is actually a better option than bringing our own. On our last trip we ended up returning home with the six pack of beer and bottle of wine we had taken with us. And I have to mention the bar tender at the small bar is outstanding.

I always love the free breakfasts...this morning was fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese grits, and drop biscuits with coffee and juice.

Our room is always super clean, snug, and comfortable with our own heat/air controls...not to mention complementary bottled water and large gourmet cookies. This morning my wife joked she never wanted to leave. We did leave of course but look forward to our next trip to Serenbe.

Room Tip: We always stay in the main house and every room we have stayed in has been great.
2  Thank Mike3889
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I was at Serenbe last weekend, and stayed at the Inn. The sheets had an awful smell, the breakfast was poorly cooked, and the staff (actually the owner) was rude! I decided to go into town to shop, and the shops were closed, and the ones that were open were so overpriced it was crazy. I was most impressed by the cowboy who did the trail rides, but come to find out they are moving all their businesses out of Serenbe (along with many of the other local business) and moving to Foxhall club just up the road. I was so excited to stay at Serenbe, and was totally let down.Simply nothing to do, and overall the community was very, very rude. Seemed a little bit like a cult overall. Dont make our mistake, there are plenty of places to go that actually WANT your business.

Room Tip: I think cabins would be a better choice, but overall- find somewhere else to go.
14  Thank Xenda R