“This place ticked all the boxes”

Due South Southern Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Due South Southern Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Upscale Casual Independent Restaurant featuring Contemporary Southern Cuisine and Private Dining in the heart of Peachtree City Ga
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Great decor and ambience, attentive waiters, diverse selection of foods with a lot of authentic Southern flavours, good wine and beer list. What more could you want.
We had beef and pork ribs and fish across our table of 5 and all meals looked very good and were enjoyed.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

If you enjoy good southern basic food then Due South is a place one should visit. Good food and vegetables. Service was also good.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to Due South was a total disappointment. Entering their dining room was like a 60”s cafe. Absolutely no atmosphere. We then decided to dine in the bar hoping it was better. Another disappointment. Looked likes old sushi bar. The place settings, tables and just overall was not up to the reputation I’ve read so much about.
I ordered the special wahoo. It lived up to the sushi atmosphere as it came out raw. The waiter was nice enough to make another meal to go. Another Peachtree City disappointment. This is a burger and beer city at its best.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

First time on Thursday (7/19/18) outside seats with co-workers for lunch, food and service was very good. Tomato stack with goat cheese and charleston she crab soup were very good. I ordered Chicken and Waffle, it was pretty good.

So I went back with my family on Saturday (7/21/18) for our usual weekend lunch expecting to have the same quality of food and service.
We were welcomed nicely and served with first plates, it was good and promising.

Then everything spiraled down from that point.

Even without customers we waited about 40 minutes for our main course, no one checked on us for refills. I have to go inside and ask the receptionist to have someone please refills out drinks.
When our food finally arrived, our chicken and waffle was nowhere near what I had on previous visit.
Chicken was overcook and hard, batter was burnt, and the waffles very hard. My daughter said chicken was bitter.
My son's Mac & cheese was very dry, he said kraft mac n cheese at home was way better :|

Our server offered to redo the our order but I politely declined, we already lost appetite for waiting and don't want to wait for another 30-40 minutes.
Our server voluntarily took 50% off on the chicken / waffle, but it didn't matter at that point.
We didn't go there to get discounted food, I took my family there expecting to have the quality food I had there a couple days prior.

Also the traces of dried waffle syrup that our server spilled on Thursday visit, it wasn't cleaned, it was still on the floor on our Saturday visit.

I am sure a lot of people like it here, I liked it too that's why I came back and brought my family -- but they got disappointed.

My kids said afterwards, "That was not a very good lunch Papa". I was ashamed.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Very nice southern style restaurant, we had the ribs and the Pecan crusted chicken salad. The ribs were very needy and tasty, and the salad had a wonderful housemaid honey mustard dressing on it. Nice atmosphere whether you have couples or a large group.