“Doesn't deserve the bad reviews you see here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savannah Inn

Savannah Inn
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
VA
“Doesn't deserve the bad reviews you see here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We let Hotwire choose Savannah Inn for us and then, because of all those other reviews, we were prepared to go somewhere else if need be. But Savannah Inn was fine! The staff were friendly, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast which included great o.j., fresh milk, cereal, plus fresh-made waffles with butter and syrup, really was a wonderful surprise. They even gave us an apple for lunch later on. The location is easy to find and it is easy to get into Savannah for the day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank bmac-3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

We were staying at this hotel just to sleep. We were on our way to Florida. When we checked in it was very late and my entire family was exhausted. We were given our keys and they didn't work. So I had to go back to the office to get the keys working. The room was very small with no electrical switchplates. There was drywall compound all over the walls. The sheets were so thin, they were like gauze. The air conditioning didn't seem like it was working. When we woke up to take a shower, the handel broke and after we told management there was no apology or offer for another room so we could take a shower. The continential breakfast is cold cereal.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Burton746

Travellers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

East Moriches, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

This is a one star hotel at best. We were given a remote control fro the TV upon check in. Our room smelled like body odor. The floor was filthy as was the bathroom and sheets. The sheets on one of the beds were actually from a hospital! the name was clearly printed on the pillowcase! The lights were missing lampshades and there was a hole in the wall.
This is a hot sheets hotel located next to a truck stop. Avoid it all costs. We checked out immediately and stayed elsewhere . The attendant that checked us in checked us out immediately with no argument. She was not surprised with our request to leave.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank danmck2
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

The room was very small and there was too much furniture in it. Once we've put our 2 suitcases in the room, there was literarly no space to walk around. Bathroom was very run down and towels smelled badly. Breakfast was ok. Staff was nice.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

Ill sum it up in 2 words. DON'T GO. heater broke, bethroom light was twitchy. Small tv pillows were dirty, batteries to tv remote were dead. Small TV, alarm was broken, chain lock was broken, only acceptable aspect was that the beds were comfortable. DONT GO lol.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank bekaboo5421
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

People say you get what pay for, sure. But, there are some things that a hotel MUST have. Like cleanliness, and people giving you polite service, and things properly working. And there are things that a hotel should NOT have: like dirt, and torn bed spreads, and leaky gutters, and attitude. Savannah Inn does it all wrong. Horrible experience - I felt scared the entire night, the maid looked INTO my room through the window, I felt people were coming in through the door that barely locked. AND the "included breakfast" HAHA - Bagels, Apples, Coffee, and that is about it. Horrible experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

After my horrendous ordeal with Days Inn Airport (which I wrote a review about on trip advisor), I switched hotels to Savannah Inn (which I'm currently still residing until the end of June because my husband is attending TDY school for the Air Force). I found the price online for 27/night but unfortunately I could not book the suite for that price. It was only 45/night AFTER tax. The room is extremely clean (brand new carpet, doesn't turn our feet black like our other hotel!!!!!) the beds are soft, which is what I prefer (brand new beds), the staff is extremely friendly, including the housekeepers, the room is an adequate size for the one year old I had that needed room to play. It's not too terribly far from the base. About fifteen minutes (definitely take 95, 21 gets backed up ridiculously). The air conditioner is temperature controlled so I'm not hearing a horrible noise all night long. The only drawback I found with the room is the chair in the corner has a broken leg (which I keep forgetting to tell the front desk) and when I sat it in, it went backwards. Luckily, the wall caught it. Could use an eency bit more parking spaces but that's almost impossible, the lot is small. I was very thankful to find this place and to know that it's clean and safe and not swarming with bugs like the other places I have checked out. Just wish they would've had a suite available before now for as long as I needed on the bottom floor. I have three weeks worth of luggage, plus one year old kid stuff (we all know it's like packing your house), plus I'm 19 weeks pregnant and trying to carry a lot of stuff up and down with a one year old. The front desk clerk said I should really switch to the downstairs now that there are suites available but I just don't want to have to move everything for only a few more nights. Did I mention this place is incredibly clean??? It's worth the extra drive to the base for the cleanliness. I'm very content they do not allow smoking or pets in the rooms, keeps them fresh :-). It's nothing special as far as restaurants and pools and goodies, but it's nice if you just need to stay somewhere and don't mind no pool :-).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business