“Nice, clean hotel”

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed 27 March 2016

I really don't know where the other reviewers stayed, but this was a nice, clean hotel in my opinion.

Pros: Quiet, clean, nice staff

Cons: Only that it is in a devolving area off of the highway so you have to go down the road to find a sit down restaurant.

I liked the contemporary, typical Savanah style of my room. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel really. Nice place to stop and spend the night

Room Tip: If you are looking to be in downtown Savanah you need to find another hotel but it is quiet and nice...
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

I was traveling with two small children and my mother who has a bad knee. The staff was rude and unable to accommodate our request for a first floor room. There is no elevator and nothing is on the second floor, except the room. The room smelled musky and was mediocre at best. They unapologetically called our room at 1 am to see if we checked in because they were wanting to give our prepaid room to someone else. The Internet was down the whole time. We could hear the tv in the room next door. It was all just bad. I definitely don't recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I arrived early on March 12 about 10:00am. We spoke with the attending clerk and informed her we wished to check in. She passed on to us that the rooms were not available just yet. So, we agreed to arrive latter that afternoon. We came by at 1:30 pm with expectations to accept the room and put away our luggage. My wife approached the clerk and was informed we could not yet check in. I went to smooth any hard feelings only to be told that I was rude. At this point I cancelled my reservation and insisted my refund of which I had previously prepaid two days prior. I informed the ill mannered clerk that there was a suitable Best Western just behind their business and I would gladly offer my business if there were available rooms. My offer at Best Western was warmly received.
My suggestion to this hotel is to diligently invest in a course of common courtesy and proper behavior of welcoming guest. Especially, to prepaid guest. My discovery of the competition saved me over fifty dollars with superior accomadations.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2016

This motel was not clean and in a very run down poor condition inside the room.
The bedside chair was dirty & had holes.
The bedspread was dirty and worn.
Mattress cover frayed & worn.
Carpet filthy.
Hair dryer did not work.
Bathroom floor tile dirty.

The traffic noise is horrendous & keeps you awake all night.
The place is full of truckers & construction workers who make noise until all hours & come in at all hours.

Yes, it was cheap at only $55.00 for a weekday overnight stay but we could have gotten better sleep in our SUV not to mention our vehicle is spotless!

I was told that during the weekends & high season rooms can run from $129.00 to $150.00??? Hope they were kidding!!!!

Only good thing was the breakfast prepared by a very nice lady.
Front desk lady was also very nice & friendly.

The online description should tell people it is a truck stop motel.

We will never stay here agian when in Savannah & do not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Do your online research of reviews before booking. Not worth even $50.00.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2016

I called 3 hrs ahead to make sure my King room would be available since we were arriving late. They assured me it would be available but when I arrived the room was a Queen (very disappointing). A queen room was not even a option for a room when I reserved. Regretfully we took the room and it only got worse the room was so small that the two of us had a hard time moving around one another. I will not be staying here ever again and don't recommend that you do!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

The staff were very nice. Rooms need a half an hour of touch ups and care. Chipped paint, vacuum heater, dust mirror . Nothing disgusting. Breakfast had eggs, boiled , no sausage but fruit and biscuits were good. Not noisy even though the trucker area was across the road.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Rooms were very clean, beds nice and soft, bath rooms clean.
Great location - 15 minutes from central Savanna, 30 minutes from Tybee Island.
Breakfast was disappointing but for the price payed for the hotel reasonable.
WiFi was fast and good reception. lots of parking space.
If you get a room at the right price, as we did, I think its a great value for your money.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
0.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah I-95 North, GA
7.3 km away
Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler

Been to Inn at Mulberry Grove? Share your experiences!