“Just ok”

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Sign says "smoke free, pet free" rooms. Well maybe they are now, but room still smelled of old smoke and wet dog. Pillows a little sketchy. Pictures look way nicer than actuality. Some shady characters were hanging out in parking lot... this is one trip where I wish my hubby brought his gun

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Booked this "accidentally" using name your own price on priceline. I was hoping for a familiar chain hotel but got this instead. After reading mixed reviews I was a little nervous. My first and major complaint is the AC was not on when we got the room. I know they wouldn't just run every AC in every room if they are vacant, and I'm pretty sure my room wasn't assigned until check in so I get it. It just sucked because it was HOT and seemed like it took FOR-EV-ER to cool down. But once it did it was fine. Other wise the pillows could be fluffier and the bed a little softer but it wasn't bad for 2 short nights. The bathroom sink was cracked but it was sealed properly so it wasn't a big deal. The shower was good nice hot water. Good size fridge. No microwave though. Breakfast was sub-par. They did have a waffle maker though. They could have used some muffins though. Overall it wasn't bad. Would stay again if we couldn't a good deal else where.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel was clean and nicely furnished. The mirror was especially nice. The beds were comfortable. For the price, it is a great stop over. It is located right off I95, but it is within 20 min of Forsyth Park and historic Savannah.

Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment after staying at some similarly priced hotels that offered more. No meat or eggs, also very limited version of fresh fruit: orange slices. The coffee was sadly lacking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Oneglamfish
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

The staff were really confused about my reservation. Then my bed had no fitted sheet. Rather, it had a regular sheet that was too small, so my feet were on the mattress cover. I asked them to fix this three consecutive days, but they did not. Then I asked for a partial credit to compensate me for this inconvenience. The clerk literally laughed at me and said no. I said I would write an unfavorable review online and she laughed and said go right ahead, it won't affect us. We know how to respond to that. Not even an apology. They also did not provide a wakeup call as requested. Pathetic.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Breakfast absolutely sucked. Wasn't much of a buffet. So the hot buffet was much of a disappointment.The room was pretty nice though. Slept comfortably and nice comfy pillows. Staff was friendly. If your huge into the perks of having a hot breakfast with options avoid the disappointment.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We booked this hotel last minute after our other hotel canceled our reservation when I missed my flight. (Baymont Inn and Suites would not hold my room with a credit card for late check in)

The room itself was not totally horrible- cleanliness needs significant improvement. Found carpet beetles in the room as well as gnats, and the shower had mold in it that should have been discovered by anyone who bothered to clean the place- it was not a small amount of mold. Additionally, toilet water pressure was low so the thing barely flushed. Front desk people were friendly enough, but made some mistakes by billing my card for an early check in fee and seemed completely incompetent with their own computer system.

The thing that really ruined this for us, though, was the people staying in the hotel. There were two men loitering outside of room 108 the entire time we visited- they were on their phones regularly, and pacing about and guarding the door to the room (which is outside). Periodically, the door to this room would be cracked, then closed for hourly intervals. I'm not sure if this hotel does "hourly" business, if you catch my drift, but it did not feel safe here and I have concerns about whoever was inside that room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The room (both of them we were shown) was more what I might expect from a rent by the hour type of establishment. A/C did not seem to work well so both rooms had a musty, mildewy odor which they tried to cover with a strong perfumed deodorizer. The furniture was banged up, frig and shower were rusted. Definitely not like any 2 1/2 star we have stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
0.6 km away
Days Inn & Suites - Savannah North I-95
7.3 km away
Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler

Been to Inn at Mulberry Grove? Share your experiences!