“Everything I hoped, and more than I expected!”
Review of The York House Inn

The York House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Rabun Gap B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Having never been to Georgia, I had no idea what to expect when visiting Rabun Gab for an old friend's sylvan wedding at a nearby nature preserve. However, Janet and Andrew were true ambassadors, welcoming me warmly the evening I arrived, offering me hot cider as I checked in. They took time to orient me to the features of the room, which was beautiful, clean, and extremely cozy. The next morning, as I left, Janet was lovely, giving me directions, and showing genuine concern that I know how to properly get to my destination. Also, breakfast was great, very filling and unique! (Baked pears? Wow! Delicious!) If I ever find myself in Rabun Gap again, to see friends or hike the gorgeous surrounding nature preserves, or if I ever find myself needing a respite at a home away from home, the York House Inn will be the place.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if certain rooms were better than others; I was on the second floor, in room 10; it...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lynne N

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Janet and Andrew,

We have stayed in over four B & B's in North Carolina in the past several years, none of which yielded the warmth, sincerity, over and above hospitality and extremely wonderful Breakfast and Supper that we had while staying with you. We have not experienced, at any of the NC B& B's, the warmth and genuine caring that you and Andrew showed us. It was a delightful stay!! We will be staying with you again in the near future and we will be telling others of the wonderfully unique experience that you offer. Your personal touch makes all the difference!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks again for everything!

Randy and Sandra

Reviewed 12 October 2011

We spent three days at the York House Inn, we had a wedding to attend in South Carolina, along with some work in Anderson SC.
This was a fantastic getaway for us, we have stayed in several B&B's over the years and this was by far our best experience ever!
Janet and Andrew hosted us, we were treated to fantastic home cooking, great wrap around porches for coffee in the morning and wine in the evenings. We learned of local history, did day trips to the Smoky Mountains, enjoyed great meals in Franklin and local antiquing.
A nice secluded location on the side of a large wooded hill, with an outdoor fire pit.
The room was fantastic, with a kitchen available to guests to make meals and snacks, a front sitting room with fireplace and tv, a downstairs den.
Outside, beautiful flowers and plants, and a record tree for the state of Georgia. And these guys can cook! Great, great breakfasts and wonderful people. We plan on coming back next year and in years to come!
Steve and Donna Smedley, Atlanta, Illinois
This was a great time,

2  Thank AtlantaYeti
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Andrew and Janet are the best! We were treated like royalty - outstanding accomodations and breakfast. We plan to make a visit to this B&B every year.

Room Tip: We loved the fireplace room. The gas fireplace was a romantic addition!
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Wonderful Inn! Beautiful area! Gracious Hosts! Great Get a Way!

Room Tip: All rooms offer their own uniqueness.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Meeting friends for a day out and decided to stay over at the Inn. Host are two of the nicest people. Dog friendly for sure. Beautiful area near several tourist sites. New Inn keepers are making some changes and updates. Heating was a bit "iffy" due to temperamental gas heater. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Our stay was very relaxing. I loved to sit in the rocking chairs on the porches and the swing attached to the large tree in the front yard. It was a nice escape from the heat in Atlanta. We had a cool morning walk by the horses and cows down the road. Breakfast on the back deck was very good (fresh peaches, blueberries, granola, yogurt, strawberry pancakes, bacon). Janet and her husband were very good hosts. The inn is very old and our room furnishings were very old. The room was clean and the bathroom was a good size and everything worked!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Rabun Manor
#1 of 2 in Dillard
3.6 km away
Historic Sylvan Falls Mill Bed and Breakfast

Been to The York House Inn? Share your experiences!