All reviews normandy inn dairy farm marriage campus relationship accommodations tv
Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

I've heard about how excellent the facilities, staff, setting, and experience are for years, but had never had a chance to go. Now that my wife and I have spent a weekend there, I can personally attest that it's all true and then some. I give it my highest recommendation.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kevin_Hicks
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at the Normandy Inn. It was a perfect place for our group of leaders to meet for a time of relaxation and connection. Relationships were nurtured because of the peaceful surroundings. The rooms were 5+ stars, complete with everything. The staff was delightful and gracious. All that we talked to were graduates of Berry College! The surroundings were breathtaking.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a poor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat K
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at the Normandy Inn with a group of pastoral couples. The staff was unbelievably encouraging and hospitable. Our rooms were big and almost luxurious. The grounds were beautiful. The history of the place, Berry College, was a real tribute to people devoted to Christian Service.

Room Tip: I think any room at Winshape would be great, but Normandy Inn was tops!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaxtravelz
Reviewed January 16, 2014

An ultimate retreat experience! We loved our time at WinShape. WinShape is a couples-only retreat center that caters to its guests. It was the vision of Chick-fil-A's founder, Truett Cathy. It is a renovated dairy farm in a very tranquil location. The buildings are immaculately maintained. Great facilities, clean environment, outstanding food, and genuinely friendly service. The sales and event staff were great to work with...down to the last detail. Great value with many activities and options for groups to choose from (e.g., hayride, tour of House o' Dreams, Frost Chapel, tour of Berry College, biking, hiking, bonfires, walking path to Old Mill, Swan Lake, ropes course, etc.) We enjoyed the Martha Berry house tour and stepped back in time at the rustic Frost Chapel. We took lots of autumn photos at the Old Mill...great photo opp! We enjoyed endless ice cream and popcorn too! Our gatherings in the auditorium, a warm welcoming environment, were unforgettable meeting times. There is "no" TV in the bedrooms--don't panic--our group didn't miss it at all! FYI: Wifi is a available in the main lodge and auditorium. Comments conveyed over and over again that WinShape was a true place of respite to reconnect with your spouse! Our group is making plans to return again next year!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gracie334
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is freaking phenomenal!! For 299 dollars we got lodging at an adorable, rustic, romantic cabin, and 5 homecooked meals (Friday night, 3 meals Saturday including filet mignon and shrimp, and breakfast Saturday. PLUS constant, free soft serve ice cream machine, fountain drink sodas, coffee, bottled water, and popcorn!!! This place treats you like you're royalty. The dining hall feels like the dining hall in Harry Potter's Hogwarts Academy! The bed is comfy and huge. The only complaint I have is that there are no bathtubs in the rooms, and the shower is small. For a romantic 'couples retreat' getaway, it seems obvious that people might want to relax in a bubble bath. The shower was so cheap and narrow that there's not even a ledge to prop your foot on and shave your legs....i.e. if you're a really tall woman like myself, you will have a hard time finding room to shave your legs in the shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple