“Gorgeous Location”
Review of WinShape Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
WinShape Retreat
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I admit I didn't stay over night, but I did tour the grounds and the college campus and was blown away. I plan to stay there on our next trip through the area. I was impressed by Berry College which shares the 26,000 acres. The architecture of the campus is outstanding (some donated by Henry Ford). I loved the log chapels, the 42' water wheel, and the miles of hiking trails. Just amazing.
The idea of a retreat there is perfect. The scenery, the challenge courses, the wild life, and the dairy farm, and any sport you can imagine.
I need to return!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jeanne M

Reviewed 17 February 2016

WinShape Retreat is a former dairy farm converted to a conference center and lodging that was created jointly by Berry College and the Cathy Family (Chick-fil-A). The retreat is dedicated to a mission of serving married couples in strengthening their marriages. The facility is staffed by Berry students and permanent staff who are dedicated to customer service. The facilities, the mission and the staff provide an experience that is second to none. Note: There is no TV, no alcoholic beverages and no internet.

Room Tip: We were in the Normadie building which has large rooms and great public areas for lounging, meeting...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A C R
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

Amazing views. Incredible attention to detail. Breathtaking grounds. quite possibly the most beautiful place I have ever experienced.
My husband and i really stepped out of our 'comfort zone' with this retreat.
We are so thankful that we did.
Life changer.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica S
Reviewed 22 March 2015

We booked a work retreat at WinShape for a group of staff traveling from all over the world. I could not say enough about this place. The venue is beautiful, nestled in the hills behind Berry College, it is peaceful, restorative and conducive to the type of meeting we were hoping for, Food service is excellent, plenty of choice and absolute care in dealing with some specific dietary needs. The conference staff were great, making sure we always had fresh coffee, plenty of water, tea, hot cocoa, etc. The morning and afternoon snacks were plentiful and tasty.
We scheduled 2 evening events, and the team was on hand to make sure everything went as planned with audio and visual.
I'll be adding this place to my list of venue's to use again and again for meetings and events. Absolutely loved it.

My room was on the 2nd floor of an old cow barn. The high ceilings and wood beams gave it such incredible character. When I walked in to my room the first thing I noticed was how tranquil it was. There was soft music playing in the background that just begged me to loosen my shoulders and relax. The bed was comfy, bathroom/shower area was spacious, and the view was incredible.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Tracy S
Reviewed 20 November 2014

This is a stunningly beautiful location, nestled at the back of the campus of Berry College. I highly recommend this site for any of their scheduled marriage retreats or summer camping programs. The food is quite good and plentiful. The staff is simply the finest I have dealt with... courteous, helpful, pleasant, accommodating and friendly. It is also available for use by small conferences and group meetings, but under strict Christian guidelines and other than summer camping programs is an adult only location.
Be aware that they discourage media usage... not TV's and very limited phone and internet access. It is a retreat center with an emphasis on RETREAT. It is conducive to quiet contemplation and reflection.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GolferNC62
Reviewed 16 September 2014

My wife and I spent the weekend here for a marriage retreat.I was simply blown away by the beauty and the tranquility. The staff was excellent. The room was huge and absolutely beautiful! It is located on the 26,000 acre Berry College campus.I saw more deer in two days than I have in the last 5 years. It's just simply an amazing place! If you ever have the opportunity......GO!!!!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laboaks53
Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

I've heard about how excellent the facilities, staff, setting, and experience are for years, but had never had a chance to go. Now that my wife and I have spent a weekend there, I can personally attest that it's all true and then some. I give it my highest recommendation.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple