“Worst meal ever!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband have always eaten here and the food and service always the best. Ownership has changed and we went to eat...OMG...worst meal ever. I ordered the Meatloaf with sweet potato souffle and squash and dressing with gravy. The Meatloaf was uber thin and tasted like it came out of a frozen package smothered in what resembled salsa...the dressing had so much sage in it and I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth...instead of using Cinnamon in the sweet potato souffle they used Chinese 5 Spice or allspice and it was really bad...the squash was pure mush and had no flavor...the rolls were good...husband got the chicken livers and same sides as me...he said the livers weren't too bad but we're over cooked...we didn't eat our meal...when asked why we were honest and told them why...the waitress and hostess both said they had eaten the food that day and thought it to be very good...not sure what they're used to eating but I can tell you probably nothing good. We were charged for the complete lunch $22.00....did not even compensate for anything...they were rude about us not liking the food and got very defensive...I told them I hated to have to say I didn't like the food but I couldn't even eat it...we will not be going back...really sad...this used to be my fave place.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank srhasty

Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

It is hard to believe this restaurant has any positive feedback whatsoever. Every facet of this experience was a disappointment. My country fried pork chop with breading was at most 1/4" thick and was tough as shoe leather and tasted like burnt oil, inedible. My son had the fried catfish, which after the first bite he decided 'he wasn't hungry'. He also ordered the coleslaw which he dared us to try. None of us were able to swallow it. I could go on but am sure there is a character limit.

The wait staff, when told we couldn't eat this food told us we would have to pay for everything we ordered..., oh yes he did. Fortunately, or so I thought, the owner came in and reluctantly came to our table. She was quite rude an unapologetic about our experience. She did, however, say she would itemize the items that we did eat and charge us for that. That, I guess if fair.

Again, I have no idea how this restaurant has 4/5 stars. There are many other restaurants on Broad Street in Rome that are far, far better. If everything else is closed, Google McDonald's!

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Edwardo111222
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

The Partridge restaurant in Rome, Ga. has opened again. It has maintained its family atmosphere and good old home cooking. With a meal you get your choice of a meat and 2 or 3 side dishes, tea, and a dessert. Service is quick and efficient and friendly. I felt that I stepped back in time, when I ate there frequently. The food is delicious. I would like to welcome the Partridge back and I hope to become a regular costumer again. Come out and try it you all.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

This is a fun restaurant in which to dine plus the food is very, very good. This is real home cooking with the meals being served family style. The veggies are excellent and they will bring you more if you run out. I like their rooast pork which is especaiilly tasty.

Just a quick word about the décor. This place is designed to look like it came form the 40's or 50's - wooden floors, high ceilings and old timie metal square ceiling. The staff also dresses in period clothing at times. In summary this is a fun place in which to have dinner and the food iis excellent as well.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Went to the Partridge for a southern experience. Got just that. Family owned and operated, the owner came out spoke with everyone and she was very enthusiastic. The food was cooked perfectly. I got Fried Chicken, and three sides, and dessert, all for one price. The traditional southern kitchen values really shine bright inside this hidden gem.

Date of visit: August 2016