“Very salty, uninteresting food.”
Review of The Partridge - CLOSED

The Partridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2017

After reading the reviews, we wanted to give The Partridge a try. We each ordered different meals and each one of us had the same overall opinion. All of the food was so salty it was hard to get down. Then the waitress came back and asked if we would like to try the home made peach cobbler for desert. We all did, hoping that it would be significantly better than our dinners. Sadly, the canned peaches covered in soggy topping with a omelet tasting crust on top was just as disappointing. We will not be back. I think perhaps The Partridge is not what it was in its glory days.

1  Thank Tessa B

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

With the history of the establishment I decided to give it a try for lunch, after waiting 30 minutes for our food the waitress informs us that she had to step out for a little while. We had to eat fast and furiously to finish within the lunch hour. Food was okay but service was not, if time is of essence don't go.

2  Thank gatewood2002
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

I haven't eaten here in a while but I will be back. Generous portions and reasonable prices. Nice to see it opened back up.

1  Thank Laylas1313
Reviewed November 8, 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband have always eaten here and the food and service always the best. Ownership has changed and we went to eat...OMG...worst meal ever. I ordered the Meatloaf with sweet potato souffle and squash and dressing with gravy. The Meatloaf was uber thin and tasted like it came out of a frozen package smothered in what resembled salsa...the dressing had so much sage in it and I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth...instead of using Cinnamon in the sweet potato souffle they used Chinese 5 Spice or allspice and it was really bad...the squash was pure mush and had no flavor...the rolls were good...husband got the chicken livers and same sides as me...he said the livers weren't too bad but we're over cooked...we didn't eat our meal...when asked why we were honest and told them why...the waitress and hostess both said they had eaten the food that day and thought it to be very good...not sure what they're used to eating but I can tell you probably nothing good. We were charged for the complete lunch $22.00....did not even compensate for anything...they were rude about us not liking the food and got very defensive...I told them I hated to have to say I didn't like the food but I couldn't even eat it...we will not be going back...really sad...this used to be my fave place.

2  Thank srhasty
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

It is hard to believe this restaurant has any positive feedback whatsoever. Every facet of this experience was a disappointment. My country fried pork chop with breading was at most 1/4" thick and was tough as shoe leather and tasted like burnt oil, inedible. My son had the fried catfish, which after the first bite he decided 'he wasn't hungry'. He also ordered the coleslaw which he dared us to try. None of us were able to swallow it. I could go on but am sure there is a character limit.

The wait staff, when told we couldn't eat this food told us we would have to pay for everything we ordered..., oh yes he did. Fortunately, or so I thought, the owner came in and reluctantly came to our table. She was quite rude an unapologetic about our experience. She did, however, say she would itemize the items that we did eat and charge us for that. That, I guess if fair.

Again, I have no idea how this restaurant has 4/5 stars. There are many other restaurants on Broad Street in Rome that are far, far better. If everything else is closed, Google McDonald's!

1  Thank Edwardo111222