“Came for the oysters, stayed for the fun!”
Review of Hugo's Oyster Bar

Hugo's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 372 Restaurants in Roswell
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alpine Dr
Description: Perfectly capturing the flavors and feel of the Coastal American South is Hugo's Oyster Bar in downtown Roswell, GA. Hugo's is the Atlanta area's newest Southern seafood concept from Rich Clark and Chef Jon Schwenk, the minds behind Vinings' beloved C&S Seafood & Oyster Bar. Great seafood with a southern twist.
Reviewed July 8, 2018

With awesome patio seating and amazing chargilled oysters, Hugo's is a place you must visit. Friendly service staff (ask for Peter who pickles the vegetables at the enormous bloody Mary bar!), valet parking and great food all come together for a carefree and casual good time. Share an oyster poboy on Leidenheimer bread (you'll know why that's important if you're a poboy afficianado) and relax after the meal with a refreshing Abita root beer float.

Start with the crab dip with parmesan (what was it called? I was too busy having fun to remember details like that!)

Six thumbs up from three awesome friends on one great Sunday afternoon.

Jonathan g, General Manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for the kind words. Peter does a great job keeping up with the best Bloody Mary Bar in the city! I will pass along the review to him as well as the kitchen. Thanks again and look to see you soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I came here for the Chargrilled Oysters which I haven't found anywhere else but New Orleans. Their 3 different variations on it was terrific. I also had for the 1st time anywhere Chargrilled Snow Crab legs which was amazing. Their Spicy Crawfish Etouffee, Red Beans and Rice, and Praline Beignets were to die for and the best I have ever had including New Orleans. Come here for great Cajun food. I highly recommend these hard working folks.

Jonathan g, General Manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Thank you for the kind remarks. We really do appreciate it. I will pass along the review to the staff at Hugo's. We do a great Happy Hour Mon-Fri. 3-6:30 which have those wonderful oysters on that menu.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Our social group of 40+ made arrangements to eat here on a Wednesday night. With our large group and couples paying separately, my expectations for service and food were not very high. Both the food and service were outstanding! We had calamari for happy hour. I was the best I have had in a long time. The shrimp was fresh caught, lightly battered, and delicious. Others had the oysters and trout, and they said were equally as good. The wait service had no problem with changes on sides. Free Valet service made parking easy. It was a delightful experience!

Thank you for the kind words and also taking the time to review our restaurant. I'm glad to hear that you and the guest had such a wonderful time. We take pride in making sure our food and service is as good as you can get. We would be happy to host your social group anytime. We also do a great brunch on the weekends with the best Bloody Mary Bar/Mimosa bar in the city!. Thanks again and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch as I really wants some oyster Rockefeller! Waiter was very friendly and he recommended the sampler which had 2 each of the Rockefeller, chargrilled, and one called Hugo (jalapeño and cheddar). So glad I did. Loved the Hugo best probably and was the one I was most unsure of. Chargrilled were amazing and I had debated between them and the Rockefeller. All were excellent, I also got a cup of the chicken gumbo? Andouille? Soup. It was spot on. And made me wish I had ordered whole bowl! Will be back!!

Jonathan g, General Manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. Don't forget to check out our amazing brunch on the weekends with a Bloody Mary Bar/Mimosa Bar. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We went for Mothers Day brunch and I came away empty. Not saying the food wasn’t tasty. It was. And not saying the Bloody Marys weren’t delicious. They were. I am just saying that it’s a little overpriced for the location which overlooks a busy street and service which seems to always be subpar. When in Roswell there are at least 10 other restaurants which are better overall. But each to his own!