1,420 results
All reviews ocean front historic building cabana room north villas golf resort pool area overlooking the beach shrimp and grits tennis courts the atlantic ocean high tide southern hospitality family vacation get away jekyll island saint simons echo
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

This was the perfect trip for our 4-day vacation, two adults and a toddler. We stayed in the North Villas, we were right next to one of the 5 pools and just a few steps further from the beach. Everything was amazingly convenient. We had our own two bedroom space with kitchen and living room, but could also have a very short walk to the main resort to use one of the three other pools or get food / drinks. We had breakfast at Echo which was great, and two lunches (where we ordered the same exact thing twice because it was so good: grouper tacos and coastal Cobb salad). Dillion at the restaurant was great. Service all around was wonderful. Prices for drinks and food seemed very reasonable for a resort. We also rented awesome bikes from Island Cycles and had great dinners at Half Shell and Del Sur, and a delicious breakfast at Palmer Village Cafe. Overall great trip!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded August 16, 2016

We are so glad that you chose us for your family vacation, we know that you have many options. Your review is so kind and we are elated that you were able to relax and enjoy the pools, beach, and dining services and even get in some bike riding. We hope that you will consider us again for your next vacation.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

We found King and prince by mistake, we were killing time waking on the beach before visiting friends. We asked what the pretty building was right on the beach. Boy are we glad we did. We stayed 3 nights on our trip back from Florida. Than 2 1/2 weeks and now 3 weeks. The rooms are wonderful along with the staff true southern hospitality . On our second trip back we were happy and surprised to find a bottle of wine to welcome us. We enjoyed it on our deck looking at the ocean. Walks on the beach are awesome meeting lots od friendly people. With 2 great crab restaurant right up the street.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded August 16, 2016

Well we are so glad that you happened upon us and decided to stop in on your way back to Florida. We hope that you will think of us whenever you are in the area and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Was in the area on business and spent the night before returning to Atlanta. Had been introduced to resort having had lunch outside patio last August. Can't think of a better place to relax + unwind before driving back. Cabana room are the best + closest to beach. Wonderful food + aervice. Not as pricey as would have thought. Great for families, meetings, solo business or romantic get aways

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Gwen Z
Management response:Responded August 16, 2016

We are so glad that business brought you to us and that you decided to stop over for the night. Thank you for your kind review and we hope that when you are in town again you will consider us.

Reviewed August 6, 2016

Ok. I check in and am given a pool side room. I do not want to be pool side so ask for something on a higher floor. You would think I had asked for the moon. Get settled in the room and find that the phone does kept work. Ok. No big deal. I use my cell phone to call the front desk and report it. "Oh yes ma'am. There is something wrong with the lines and your room is the one that does not work". Really? About 10 pm some guy knocks on my door. Who is it? He doesn't speak. "What do you want". (I did not open the door). "Oh, I must have the wrong room". I watched him through the peep hole walk away. Big, kind of scary looking person. Saturday morning I use my cell phone to call for room service. There was no room service menu on the room so I had to ask if they had yogurt, granola, whatever. The girl mumbled so badly I had to have her repeat it three times. Got the order placed and hoped for the best. Room service came, and the food was what I had asked for. I noticed, however, that the order was written on what appeared to be a torn off corner of a brown paper bag. Really? I mention the phone outage to the desk as I was leaving for the morning and was assured it would be looked at. Meanwhile I emailed the concierge. I received and email later on the day from the concierge stating there were problems with the phones on my floor. Ok, at least it wasn't "just my room". She stated it had been repaired and she had left me a voice mail to call her. So, when I returned, the phone was still not working. Now, how can I call her extension when the phone isn't working? I was in the lobby mid afternoon and stopped at her desk. She stated that it was repaired and she had left me another voice mail. Go to the room, no phone service. Well, that's ok, I have a cell phone. Tonight, around 9:30 I hear what sounds like gunshots and call the desk to report it. She said she would alert security. Shortly thereafter I realized it was fireworks. No one EVER contacted me to assure me everything was alright. About 10:00 pm... A knock on my door. "Housekeeping" she announced. I look out the peephole.... What do you want? I am bringing the pillows your called for. (She didn't have pillows in her arms). "I don't need anything, Go away"... So she did. I don't know whether to scream, cry or throw up from fear. This is not a good place to be. I have my mace sitting on the nightstand now and will be awake all night, I can't WAIT to get out of here tomorrow morning. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room tip: Do not stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon T
Management response:Responded August 16, 2016

We sincerely apologize that you experienced anything that would have made you feel unsafe. We do have twenty four hour security that patrols the property constantly and certainly would have investigated the call regarding the fireworks. They should have called you to let you know what they discovered. While we have no way of knowing who actually knocked on your door I commend you for being safety conscience and using your peep hole. The department heads and even our general manager have read your comments and while we strive for perfection there is always room to grow. We will use these concerns to grow and improve moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I again apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations and that you felt unsafe during your time here.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Overall it was very nice. A little pricy for what we had. Ate breakfast,lunch, and dinner. Food and service was very good. Bed was not comfortable and cottage was dated for the price we paid compared to rest of resort. I would probably go back though.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded August 16, 2016

We are so thankful that you chose The King and Prince when we know that you have so many options available to you. We apologize that the bed was not comfortable and you found the cottage to be dated. We do have plans for updates on several of our cottages/houses over the winter. We hope that you do return for another visit.